Chapter 38

<3 I don't know how to deadicate chapters yet but this one is deadicated to @rusher4life0815 for giving me an amazing idea and commenting nice comments <3

It’s the next day and I’ve been thinking about the job. I mean I love singing, that’s one of the reasons I always carry my iPod with me wherever I go. The girls and I had went shopping this morning and they picked out my dress which was really fancy even though I objected, they made me get it. “I’m hunnngggrrrryyyy!” Logan complains. We are all watching TV. “It’s…. 12:15. How about we make sandwiches?” I say checking my watch. We all agree and go to the kitchen.

I grab the bread, turkey, ham, and roast beef while everyone else grabs toppings and stuff. I grab the bread and put on turkey. I grab the mayonnaise and shake it because it won’t come out. ”It. Won’t. Come-Whoops. “I say as the mayonnaise flings up and lands on James’ face and in his hair.

“Oh it’s on!” he screams and aims the mustard at me. I duck and it squirts onto Savannah and before I know it we are in a food fight. “I’m going to KILL YOU!” I yell at Logan who had just squirted ketchup ALL over me and I HATE ketchup. I grabbed the mayonnaise and mustard, tackled Logan and kept squirting them in his face. “I win!” I say standing up. “Now get it off! Get it off!” I yell running to the bathroom and staring the shower. I rip off my mustard, mayonnaise, and ketchup covered clothes and jump in.

If we ate lunch at 12 and the food fight lasted for what?- 20 minutes?- then that probably means it’s about 12:30 which means I have 6 hours and 30 minutes till Carlos’ and mine’s date.  I wash my hair and shave my legs. When I get out, I ignore my ketchup covered clothes. I walk into my empty room and put on my robe. I walk across the hall to Savannah’s and Kendall’s room. “Hey.” I say sitting next to her on the bed.

“The boys took Carlos out to get his outfit for your date tonight.” Savannah says smiling. “Ok! Well it’s 1 o’clock, ‘m guessing you and the girls are going to have to work your magic on me?” I ask. “Yep! GIRLS SHE’S OUT OF THE SHOWER! TIME TO BEAUTY-FY HER!” Savannah yells. I get pushed into my room, the girls following.

“Okay, I’m going to blow dry her hair. After should I curl or straighten it?” Melody says to Annie and Savannah. “Curl.” They both say at the same time. So for the next hour my hair was, blow-dried, combed, curled, and made to perfection. The next half hour Annie and Savannah did my makeup. Throughout this time I wasn’t allowed to look at a mirror. Not even once.

“Almost done! Now put on your dress!” Annie told me. She handed me my dress and I put it on. “Now look in the mirror!” They all said. I turned around and smiled at my reflection. For once I looked perfect. My makeup was done to perfection, my hair’s curls fell right on my shoulders, and my body looked amazing in the dress. It was a tight, off the shoulder cream dress that bunched and my waist and the dress ended at mid-thigh. I slipped on my cream sparkly ballet flats.

“Thanks guys.” I said. I went to hug them but they stopped. “Don’t want to mess up the look!” Melody said. Then I heard a door open and voices. “We’re home!” Kendall yelled. “Carlos can’t see you!” the girls screamed and they left, locking me in the room. “Seriously!?” I yelled and sat on my bed in frustration. I heard whispering outside the door but didn’t bother to eavesdrop.  I checked the time. 2:30.

I decided to watch TV. I turned on the channel and sat on my bed because I knew the girls would kill me if I messed something up.

~*~*~

3 and a half hours later I’m still locked in my room and I’m starving. “I WANT FOOD!” I yell at the top of my lungs. They have just been ignoring me because I’ve been screaming for the past 10 minutes. Suddenly the door opens and I see Kendall, James, Logan, Annie, Melody, and Savannah standing there. “You got me food?!”I ask. “Nope. It’s date time.” James says laughing. Melody, Annie, and Savannah practically drag me out of my room.

“He’s waiting at the beach.” They all say, giving me a little shove towards the boardwalk. I walked over a tux, without the tie or it being buttoned. I smiled at him as he stared. “Hey.” I say walking down and kissing his cheek. “Y-You look amazing.” He says. “Thanks.” I say blushing. I have never gotten used to Carlos calling me amazing or beautiful. It’s just too hard to believe with the way I look.

“Wanna take a walk? Look at the sea and sunset, talk.” He says rubbing his hand through his hair nervously then putting his hand in his pocket. “I would love too.” I say, taking off my shoes and holding them in one hand, intertwining the fingers on my other hand in his. Carlos and I walked and talked and decided to stop and look at the sunset. “Katelyn, can I ask you something?” he says nervously. “Sure.” I say uneasily. “

“I know it’s only been a year but I love you more than anything. I would do anything for you and can’t imagine lfie without you. You’re the reason I smile.” He says smiling. “So I want you to be my Cover Girl, forever.” He says pulling out a small box an getting down on one knee. I gasp.

“Don’t worry. I’m not asking you to marry me just yet.” He says winking and opening a box revealing a diamond covered ring with a heart. “Do you promise you’ll love me forever? Katelyn Reeds, will you be my Cover Girl?” he asks. “Yes!” I say tears of joy forming in my eyes. He slides on the ring and stands up. “Promise?” he asks. “Promise. “I say kissing him.

I hear a cheer from the bushes. I turn around and see everyone fall out of the bushes and run towards us. I laugh and everyone gives us a group hug. “I love you guys. I do. But I need air.” I say and they let go. I laugh.

“Wanna watch the stars?” Carlos says because the sun was just setting. “ I would love to.” I say grabbing his hand and we lay down on a beach blanket which I don’t exactly know where it came from.