Chapter 17

Carlos’ POV

My heart is gone. I just caught my girlfriend making out with my best friend! Melody stormed off so I had no idea where she was. I sat at a booth just thinking. I loved Katelyn, she was my everything. I guess we just aren’t meant to be. The look in Katelyn’s eyes though was confusing. She was hurt, scared, and sad.

I sat there for a while when these two girls came up to me. “Can we hang with you?” one of the girls asked. “Uhh sure.” I said they sat down next to me and we talked. I was having a good time and had forgotten about Katelyn. I kissed the blonde one on the cheek. When I pulled away I saw Katelyn, in front of the doors, crying, she looked horrible. Her makeup smeared her eyes puffy. I froze. She ran out. “Umm I’ll be right back.” I got up and walked outside. I looked around but didn’t see her.

An hour later we all headed home. Melody and I told them the story on the elevator ride “I still don’t think Katelyn would do that.” Savannah said stepping out of the elevator. We walked to the apartment and Kendall unlocked the door. “Ahh!” Melody screamed when she walked through the door. “What?!” Logan yelled. “My dress is on the ground!” Melody said. Girls and their clothes…. “Seriously?” Savannah said. “Oh my.” Annie said. “What?” I said walking through the door. “Um oh no!” Savannah cried, tears streaming down her face. “What?!” I asked again.

I walked over to them and saw they were holding a note. “Read it!” Everyone said. “Okay.” Savannah said shakily.

Hey guys. I would just like to say good bye. I’m sorry Carlos and Melody and everyone but I’m leaving. I know I don’t mean anything to you guys so I thought I’d be better off gone. I just wanted to say thank you for being my friends and being there even though I’m sure you guys hate me, considering the story Melody and Carlos told you guys.

“Carlos you should finish reading it.” Savannah said crying.

Carlos- this part is for you. I know you hate me but I love you. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. James would happily explain the truth of what you saw at the club. But anyways I love you, even if you hate me. I know you already moved on to those chics at the club so I’m happy for you.

So good bye. I know I’m mean and in Melody’s words “stupid”. But I’ll never see you again and stay out of your lives hopefully, now that I know you guys hate me and all. Savannah, Annie, Melody, thanks for being the sisters I never had. Melody I know right now I’m probably not on speaking terms with you but oh well. BTR (meaning you guys) Thanks for running into me on that one day in the streets. You made my life worth something, so bye. Thanks for being there for me. I love you guys. I’ll always remember you. Don’t bother texting or calling, I’ll just ignore you.

Love,

Katelyn

I read out loud. Oh no. it’s all my fault! She thinks we all hate her. “What are we going to do?” Annie asked. “What do we do?” Kendall asked everyone kept asking. “Just stop! It’s my entire fault!” I said breaking down to tears. Everyone kept patting my back, everyone kept crying. “No it’s not.” James said, speaking for the first time. “What?” I said looking up. “After Katelyn came out of the bathroom, I pushed her against the wall. I forced her to kiss me. She tried to stop me, she kept fighting, but I just really liked kissing her ever since truth or dare. Then you came and you guys broke up because I didn’t’ speak up. She doesn’t hate you guys. She hate’s me.” James said. I stared at him in disbelief. Everyone look wide eyed.

“James, I know you messed up. I forgive you.” I said after a few minutes of silence. “But my ex- girlfriend thinks we hate her and is somewhere, lost maybe, without us and we need to find her.”

“Wait let’s check her room!” Savannah said. I ran for the stairs. I was the first one to get to her room. We checked everywhere. “Umm Carlos look what I found in the trash.” Kendall said handing me the IPhone case of Katelyn and I. “Oh.” I said.

“Nothing’s here. Let’s try calling.” Melody said. “Okay.” I said. After a long session of trying to talk to Katelyn everyone went to bed but me. I can’t do anything! She’s gone and not answering. Before I knew it, it was 6 in the morning. I hadn’t slept at all and kept trying to get in touch with Katelyn. I sent her one last message then went to bed.