Chapter 23

***This one is a little shorter because I didn't really know what to type! More chapter by tonight maybe? Love ya! <3***

I wake up and notice that the IV is gone. I look over and see Carlos is sleeping in a chair next to me holding my hand. I smile at him. I missed him so much when I was gone. He moves and looks at me. “You’re awake.” He says smiling and intertwining our fingers and kissing my hand.

“Yep.” I says smiling. “Why?” he asks me. “Why what?” I ask. “Why did you leave?” he asks. Oh great. The one topic I hated most.

“Well um after you caught James kissing me, you were mad and my heart was broken. I convinced myself everyone hated me and went home. I decided to leave figuring you would be better off without me…” I say. Carlos just watches me. “Then I got a text from Alexis saying I should surrender now but I had already been getting messages from her but they said they would kill you if I told you guys. Since I thought no one cared about me, I surrendered. They kidnapped me and tortured me.” I said, my breath getting shaky and I started to tear up.

“Jackson and Alexis beat me, cut me, starved me, to the point I couldn’t do anything. I had secretly some food so that held me off. But it was horrible, knowing I would get beat and cut every day when I woke up.” I said and by now I was crying. “I-I- I’m so sorry Katelyn. I knew they were doing something but I didn’t imagine something this bad.” Carlos said giving me hug and kissing my temple.. I cried into his chest for a while until a nurse came in.

“Umm Ms. Reeds.” She said. I sat up and wiped my eyes. “Yes?” “The doctor is going to come in now and explain everything and examine you. He’s going to leave.” She said. “Okay.” I said. Carlos kissed my hand then left. After he left someone came in.

“Hi I’m Doctor Jones.” He said reaching out his hand. “I’m going to go over everything with you okay?” “Okay.” I said. “Well you broke your ankle when you fell, which will take about 1 ½ months to heal. Some of your cuts had been opened so you lost a lot of blood and your friends out there was nice enough to give you some because you have the same blood type.” He said.

“Wait. Who gave me blood?” I asked. “Um a guy who’s tall with brown hair.” He said. James.  “And you might not be able to move your arm for a while because of the shot. The bullet got lodged in your shoulder bone and we removed it in surgery.” He finished. Wow, that’s a lot.

“Okay…any idea when my shoulder will heal?” I ask. "Well it depends on how fast it heals. Probably about 3 months, 2 at the least." He said. "Okay. Thanks." "And you can get out in a week." He says. A week!? And with that he left. A few minutes later everyone came running into the room. "Hi?" I said. The girls were smiling. "We have a surprise!" Savannah said. Annie hands me a small bag.

I open it and inside is a crushed IPhone. "You kinda killed your phone when you fell." Logan said. Carlos pulled a box out from behind his back with BTR wrapping paper. "Nice wrapping." I say smiling. I open it and inside is a new IPhone 5 with the case of Carlos and I kissing. "Oh my gosh thank you so much!" I say. I give everyone a hug. "I knew you'd want it." Carlos says smiling. "Oh and James, thanks." I say.

"For what?" He asks. "For giving blood to save my life." I say smiling. "Oh that was nothing." He said. I looked at Melody and raised an eyebrow. "Wha...oh yes. James and I are back together." Melody says and smiles. "Yay!" I say. We all laugh. I yawn. "Let's let her get some sleep." Kendall says. "Bye." They all say. "Bye." I say. "Sweet dreams." Carlos says giving me a peck on the lips and leaves.