Chapter 39

Hey! i have a BIG surprise in the next chapter! But anyways how ya doing? Right now I'm typing! So anywho! Next Chapter!!!

A week later, I’m back at my cozy apartment back home with Carlos. After he had given me the promise ring, I haven’t left his side. We had just finished a twitcam with some fans when I remembered something. “Should I call the music producer?” I ask Carlos. “Yes! Of course!” he said. “Okay.” I say nervously. I take out my phone and the guy’s number and call.

“Hello?” Jason answers. “Um hi. This is Katelyn Reeds. I met you in Maui and you gave me your card?” I say. “Aye! Katelyn, so have you considered it?” he says. “Yes and I’m willing to become a singer.” I say. “Great! Tomorrow can you come to Columbia Records in Hollywood, California at 12 to audition?” he asks. “Sure! See you then!” I say and turn back to Carlos.

“I audition tomorrow at Columbia Records!” I say and Carlos stands up and hugs me and kisses my nose. “That’s great.” He says smiling.

~*~*~*~

The next morning woke up and got in the shower. When I got out I put on a gray ruffled tank top and some shorts. I slid on my silver flats and braided my hair. I kissed Carlos cheek, he was still sleeping. I went downstairs and saw no one was up. I checked the time, it was only 9. I put some toast in the toaster and pulled out my phone. I took a picture and did a duck face.

I posted

Trying out at Columbia Records today! Got a business card in Maui! Wish me luck!

I grabbed my toast and pulled out some chocolate milk. I poured a cup and walked over and sat at the table. I ate my toast washing it down with the milk. I was putting my glass in the sink when a very tired Savannah and Annie came falling down the stairs.

“I hate stairs.” Annie says standing up. I laugh at her and pull out eggs, bacon (no offense Yuma), and sausage. Might as well make breakfast.

~*~*~

2 hours later I’m walking through the doors of Columbia Records alone. Mason had called and said I couldn’t bring anyone so I’m alone. I walk up to the desk. “Hi I’m Katelyn Reeds. I have an audition at 12.” I say. “Okay.” The lady says handing me a pass and showing me where it was. I walked in and saw Mason. “Ah Katelyn. Go head up on the stage.” He says from his chair. 2 other guys are sitting next to him.

I walk up the stairs and over to the microphone. “So tell us about yourself.” One of the guys says. “Um well my name is Katelyn Reeds and I’m 22 years old. I live in Los Angeles and work at a restaurant as a cook. I never go anywhere without my music.” I say. “Nice. Go over there and choose a song and track to sing.” He says pointing to a music system with a binder. I flip through until I found the song I wanted.

When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

There's so much they hold

And just like them old stars

I see that you've come so far

To be right where you are

How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space

To do some navigating

I'll be here patiently waiting

To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn

Some even fall to the earth

We've got a lot to learn

God knows we're worth it

No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily

I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make

[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jason_mraz/i_wont_give_up.html ]

Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts we got Yeah, we got a lot at stake

And in the end you're still my friend, at least we did intend for us to work

We didn't break, we didn't burn

We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in

I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not

And who I am.

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up

Still looking up... 

I won't give up on us

(No I'm not giving up)

God knows I'm tough, He knows

(I am tough, I am loved)

We've got a lot to learn

(We are alive, We are loved)

God knows we're worth it

(And were worth it)

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up...

When I finish they all stare at me. “You can go now. We will call you tomorrow.” he says with no facial expression. I leave and walk out to my car. Did they not like me? Is that why they didn’t say anything? I head back home and walk in and everyone bombards me with questions.

Did you get the job?!

What did they say?!

Are you going to be famous?!

“Be quiet! No they haven’t said whether I am singer-worthy.” I say. “Oh well what song did you sing?” Carlos asks. “I Won’t Give Up.” I say smiling. “Good choice.” Kendall says. “So who wants to watch a movie?” Logan asks. “PERCY JACKSON!” the girls and I yell and run over to the couches and jump on, but Melody walks over, not wanting to hurt the baby.

“Okay.” The guys say, sighing, and coming to sit with us after they put the movie in.