169

"Pleas!" Ashton begged. "No." I said again. He crawled he's way up the bed and sat on my stomach. "One." He said. "Ash you can't have any candy. You haven't even had breakfast." I said. Jasper ran in and climbed in the bed. "I want candy too." Jasper said. "Boy where did you even come from? Nobody's getting any candy." Jasper pouted and crosses his arm. While Ashton pretended to cry and throw his body onto the pillows beside me.

"That's why you got pa's hairline." Jasper said angrily making me laugh. "I do not thank you. I got me mama's hair." I said. Ashton eventually stopped when he realized I wasn't paying attention to him. Jasper seemed to get madder and grab my phone. "What are you doing with my phone?" I asked as he climbed off the bed. "I telling abuela on you." He said as I heard the FaceTime ringing.

"Hey Jasper. What's up?" I heard my moms voice when she answered. "Mama being mean to me. Can you come whoop her?" He said and walked out the room. "See that's why I like you. You don't tell on me and your a mama's boy." I said to Ashton. "Ma?" He asked and pointed to where Jasper once was. "Yeah that was grandma." I said. "I hungry." He said. "Me too. Let's go see if mommy's done." I picked him up and placed him in my hip. "You too Zoboomafoo." The small pet jumped on my shirt and climbed its way to my shoulder.

Once we got downstairs I went into the kitchen. "Said she was going to cook but instead she's playing games on her phone." I joked. Amber tried hiding her phone behind the counter. "Am not. I'm just looking up recipes." She said. "Baby I can hear it." I said. "Whatever. I already finished. Unlike you who takes two hours to make a bowl of cereal." She said. Amber took Ashton from my arms. Then kissed my lips. "Cereal is hard to make. Everything has to be perfect." I said.

I grabbed Zoboomafoo's bowl that had fruit in it and gave it to him. "Grandma coming." Jasper told me and gave me my phone. "Why's your mom coming?" Amber asked. "Because Jasper called her and said I was being mean." I said. Amber giggled and gave the kids their food. "That's nothing new. Oh we're going to the water park today." She told me. "Cool. I'll just ask my mom to watch Zo."

~Paradise