6

"Are you sure this is the road, hyung?"

"That's what the card said."

Both Namjoon and Jungkook had arrived at the given address. And they were standing outside, examining the architecture.

It was a very small coffee shop where they estimated the amount of only 30 people can fit in. The idols kept on glancing between the card and the shop back and forth.

"A coffee shop on a road that few people use even in the daytime? What nice marketing," said Jungkook, still staring at the shop's name. La dolce caffee, he read in his mind.

"And that's why we always get out our drinks on time. Because there's less- I mean... almost no customers," Namjoon said, as they walked up to the shop's front door and opened it.

Despite the shop being super quiet, both of them were mesmerized by the interior design of the small shop. It was too beautiful yet simple. There were a few small tables with sets of two and four stools, a mini stage by the corner of the café, with an electric keyboard and an acoustic guitar, the opposite side of the café was another small corner with a bookshelf, and two long tables, seemingly for customers that would come in groups.

"Welcome- oh!" greeted a girl behind the counter where the area for making the drinks was, and she was surprised to see the two of them in the shop.

"Big Hit?" Jungkook mentioned as they approached her at the counter.

"All set! Please have a seat there," she offered, as she rolled up her sleeves. Both of them then took a seat at the nearest table, still looking around the shop. Absolutely no customers even though it was already noon.

"There's only one of you? Are you the owner?" Namjoon began to ask when she was starting to grind the coffee beans.

"Nah. I'm just a barista. My boss is at the back, looking for some stuff," said the worker, while making the drinks professionally.

"So there's only the two of you?"

"Yep."

"This shop has good drinks, but why are there fewer customers?" Jungkook asked directly, knowing that what he had asked was a true fact after having various kinds of drinks that were sent to them from this shop for years.

"It seems like my boss isn't fully ready yet. She chose a remote area like this, saying that what if millions of customers suddenly barge in, with only the two of us managing the shop?" the worker chuckled, placing down the espresso in her hand and beginning to make the usual drinks that Big Hit has always orders for each boy.

"Why not you guys move somewhere else and hire more workers?"

"Money doesn't pour like rain easily, misters," she said, looking over her shoulder at both of them, before continuing her work. "My boss had tried doing loans, but the banks always rejected it. And we didn't know why. That's why we're still here for two years. Almost three now."

With that answer, both of them nodded and it went silent for a moment before Namjoon began to speak up again when he saw a food warmer by the side of the cash register.

He stood up and peeked into it, staring at the lines of various kinds of pastries, looking fluffy and crunchy to his eyes.

"You made these? They look delicious," he said, eyes still staring at the pastries and his eyes were locked on one: "croissants!"

"Oh, my boss made that. She had experience in culinary and pastry-making. Also a certificate from Canada, you see. And her croissants, I guaranteed, it's the best you will ever taste."