39

"Stupid. So stupid of me. Why did I say that?" Hyun Ae muttered, staring at the clear blue sky.

There weren't many people at the park, as well as the field. She felt relieved to be able to lie down under the tree, her favorite spot.

She sat up and grabbed her handbag, but because she was grabbing the wrong side, almost everything spilled out of her bag.

"Urgh..." she grumbled, beginning to pick up her stuff, but her eyes kept on looking for that one thing that she needed the most.

She looked around, and spotted the brown glass bottle, right in front of her, hiding among the grasses. As she was crawling forward to fetch the bottle, someone picked it up first.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Namjoon began to ask as she looked up at him, and then swiftly snatched the bottle from his grip. She shoved the bottle into her bag back when he sat down in front of her. "Hey, I've seen that bottle before. Yoongi hyung used to take it too. How long has it been?"

"Why would you care? You should go back and tell the rest that I hate you all. And go back to Seorim too," she muttered, hugging her bag as she scooted backward, away from him. But that didn't stop him to move closer to her.

"Hey, hey. All the pressures caused you to let out everything. I get it, all of it. Just... don't shut us out of your life. We will be there for you. No matter what people will say about us," Namjoon said, patting her head softly as he spoke in a whisper. "I didn't know you're having depression. If I would've known, I'll stay with you. Every day, every night."

Hyun Ae met his eyes, and she could see the sincerity in his eyes. She let out a sigh, as she hugged her legs before telling him the truth.

"It's recent. I went to the doctor a week before we met. It's just..."

"Sasaengs came after you, is that right? You never told me that," Namjoon said, his hand now caressing her arm softly.

"Because I didn't want you to worry about me. Look at what they did to my hair. Thank goodness Hyun Wook came on time to save me. I'll be bald if he didn't."

Namjoon was surprised, and then his eyes stared at her short hair, just finding out the truth of the shortened hair.

"They did this to you?"

"My life is miserable. Always been. I'm sorry for all the trouble I had caused. Everything happened because of me. It was all fine but after I met you guys, things happened and eventually affect the group-"

"Shh... Let it all out. Breathe in and out, slowly," Namjoon whispered, placing his hand behind her, trying to calm her. "Have you taken your pills?" When Hyun Ae shook her head, he let her take the medication first.

"Just relax, okay? I'll help you," he smiled, patting her head again. She nodded after gulping her pills. "Do you want to listen to music?"

"Huh?"

"If you make music, so that means you sing."

"What-"

"Come on, it'll help you relax a bit. Play the one that you listen to recently."

She pulled out her phone from her bag, launching Spotify while her other hand was rummaging through her handbag for something.

"I'm still that classic earphones squad, sorry," she chuckled, pulling out her earphones and plugging them into her phone.

"I like it anyway," Namjoon giggled, putting the left side into his ear while the other into Hyun Ae's ear. He looked into her phone screen for the song title and recognized it. "I know this song."