11

"Thank you! Please come again next time!" Hyun Ae said, opening the shop door for the customers that were leaving with smiles on their faces. She closed the door and then walked towards the main counter while going through the almost full-house shop at that time.

"Yoon Hee ah..." she called her friend out, eyes still glancing around the shop, full with mostly teenagers and some adults.

"So... what do you say?" Yoon Hee smiled, tapping her fingers on top of the counter.

"We're gonna need extra hands."

"On it," Yoon Hee remarked, pulling out her small notebook and a pen from her apron's pocket. "When is the interview?"

"Next week, of course," she confirmed, then letting out a sigh as she turned around and leaned her back against the counter. "Hah... I sensed something wrong."

"Hm?"

"Why does my shop suddenly have a mass number of customers these days?"

"Um..." Yoon Hee only hummed, scratching her head as she glanced at her wristwatch. "Oh! It's your lunchtime, right?"

"Hm?"

"Lunchtime. It's your turn. Look!" Yoon Hee exaggerated, showing Hyun Ae her watch, indicating the current time that was right on 1:30 pm. "Why don't you go out and eat something?"

"But I can just order delivery-"

"Nope. If you do that, your lunchtime will be interrupted by helping me. You never finished your lunch when that happens. Please..."

Yoon Hee began to grab Hyun Ae's bag and passed it to her when she gave her a suspicious look. "If you're hiding something from me, you better spill it out now."

"Eish. It's nothing, really," Yoon Hee snickered, untying the apron around Hyun Ae's waist before giving her a pat on her back.

"You want anything?" she asked Yoon Hee one last time before she pulled open the door to leave the shop.

"I'll text you." And with that, Hyun Ae left the shop, and Yoon Hee immediately pulled out her phone from her pants pocket, smiling as she scrolled down her contact list. "Hello? All clear."

***

Hyun Ae was wandering around the town for a while, getting some fresh air after she had her lunch. Her mind went deep into random thoughts as she glanced at the clear blue sky.

I can't believe my life changed instantly. Not in a bad way, but a good way-

"Oh!" she gasped, as she realized that she had bumped her shoulder against another guy who wore a face mask and a cap, only exposing his eyes to her. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay, sir?"

The guy only gave her nods and left her instantly, leaving her in a confused state.

"I was... polite? Huh, people nowadays..." she sighed, then continued to walk, back to her shop.

"Park... Hyun Ae?" the guy whispered and stopped in his track then turned back, watching the girl walked away, increasing the distance between them.

"Is that... really you?"

***

"What... is going-"

Hyun Ae began to walk slowly as she found out a long line of girls of various ages, moving slowly into her shop.

Curious about whatever was happening; she began to speed up her steps toward the entrance when some of the girls began to call her out.

"Bangtan Eonnie! Can we take photos, together?!"