62

"Well... at least it's not something about the both of you," Henry stated, standing straight with his arms crossed over his chest as he kept staring at Hyun Ae's laptop.

"I know," Hyun Ae sighed, scrolling down the search page endlessly, full of trending news, most of it was about a fame-manipulating scandal, rumored to be done by Namjoon. "But all these... is going to make him like... being away from me."

"Did he call you yet?" She shook her head at Henry's question. "Don't you want to call him?"

"I... don't want to bother- oh?" Hyun Ae glanced at her phone, its screen lit up and a familiar name appeared.

She immediately picked it up and answered the call.

"Hello, Jungkook ah?"

"Noona? You're at the shop now? Can you please come here? Please... I beg you."

*

"We've heard things being thrown here and there, just... something that is not right in there," Jungkook huffed as he led Hyun Ae towards Namjoon's studio.

"We called him out, but he never responded and the door's locked too."

Jungkook tried to turn the doorknob, but just like what he had said, it was locked.

Hyun Ae sighed, then asked him. "For how long has it been..."

"Since the stupid news came out."

That would mean Namjoon had locked himself in the room since in the morning, and now lunchtime had passed, and he hasn't come out yet, even for lunch.

And this had got Hyun Ae worried a lot, of course.

She took a deep breath, then walked closer to the door, knocking on it. Not too hard, and not too soft either. Just enough for him to hear it.

"Namjoon? Namjoonie? I-It's me, Hyun Ae. Open the door, please," she called out and gave the door another knock. And suddenly the door opened.

Both Hyun Ae and Jungkook went still in their spots when Namjoon suddenly appeared before them, with his brown oversized hood covering half of his face, silent.

"Namjoon-" Hyun Ae was taking a step forward when Namjoon suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her into the studio, immediately closing the door.

"Are you okay?" Hyun Ae began to ask, and in a blink of an eye, Namjoon pulled her into a hug, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

"Let it all out," she whispered, kissing his head as she kept on patting it softly. She knew he was crying when she felt his tears on her skin.

The room was filled with the sound of his sobs. Hyun Ae looked around, and papers were everywhere. So were books, some decorations, and figurines all over the floor.

"Why don't we sit down first?" she mumbled, grabbing his arms as she guided him towards his brown couch in the studio.

As both of them sat down, Namjoon scooted closer to her and slipped his arms around her body, placing his head on her shoulder, still sobbing though he was now a bit okay.

"You know I didn't do it, right? You know I didn't," he sniffed, looking down at his fingers.

"Of course, you didn't. Plus, it was a rumor from a long time ago. Why is it up again?" Hyun Ae asked, running her fingers through his messy hair as she continued. "To be honest, I never thought that you'll react like this. I mean... things like this happened before, but you handled it calmly."

"That's what you don't know about me, or us," he chuckled, sobbing. "We always tell each other, that no matter what happened, we shouldn't show our real emotions to the fans, or they'll be worried."