31

The door opened with a ring and the sound of clicking heels against the wooden flooring.

"Hyun Ae!" Henry called out as he watched Hyun Ae rush into the shop with a folder in her arms.

"Sorry I'm late," Hyun Ae whispered as she tried to catch her breath when Henry approached her.

"Are you okay now? How are you feeling? Nothing bad happened right? Why didn't you text us or anything?" he began to ask her.

"Calm down, Henry. My little brother came a few days ago. He put away my phone because he wanted to spend some 'siblings' time' with me without distractions, he said."

"Hey, we haven't met for two years! You should be grateful that I still want to be with you!" Hyun Wook suddenly interrupted as he stood behind her.

"That sounds weird, you idiot!" Hyun Ae slapped her brother's arm before turning back to Henry. "Oh, Henry. I got them all ready. I think we can go now."

"Yes, let's go," Henry nodded. Hyun Ae then walked towards Jungkook and Namjoon and smiled with relief.

"Ah, thank you to both of you. Thank you so much for picking me up."

"No problem," Jungkook chuckled, nodding his head. She then turned to Yoon Hee.

"Yoon Hee, give them whatever drinks they want-"

"Then what about me, noona?" Hyun Wook asked, grabbing his sister's hand, and giving her the look of a lost child.

"You told me you wanted a part-time job. Then stay here, for now, be a waiter or barista. Yoon Hee will guide you."

"Huh, me?" Yoon Hee suddenly jolted up, her eyes widened in shock.

"But you never told me that it's going to be at your café," Hyun Wook whined, shaking his head.

"I don't have to, my dear brother. Because I'm the boss," Hyun Ae smirked then looked to her side. "Shi Hwan, you're in the kitchen for now," she instructed one of the waiters then smiled at her brother, patting his head even though he was taller than her. "There, a slot available for you. As a waiter."

"Sheesh."

"You better be grateful that I gave you a job. Plus, it's part-time. If you want to change that soon and be full-time, you are welcome to-"

"Okay, okay. Fine, I'll do it," Hyun Wook gave up, as he put up his hands as a sign of defeat. Hyun Ae chuckled, then placed a hand on her brother's shoulder and smiled.

"I'll bring back some snacks for you, okay?" she softly said. When Hyun Wook nodded as a sign of agreement, she turned back at Yoon Hee.

Yoon Hee gave a nod, clearly understanding everything after a glance into Hyun Ae's eyes. "I'm on it."

***

"Hey," Henry whispered, nudging his elbow on Hyun Ae's waist. "Don't be nervous."

"How can I not be? The last time I came here, I got rejected," Hyun Ae whispered back, her voice clearly shaking, telling him how nervous she was.

They were sitting in the waiting area outside the meeting room for over five minutes now, and the longer the time passed, Hyun Ae became more nervous.

"You'll be fine. I'm here with you," he whispered again, grabbing her hands in his, his thumb kept on making circles on her hands. Hyun Ae could only nod and exhale a few breaths.

"You know what?" he smiled, getting her attention and as she turned to him, he continued. "You looked incredibly beautiful today."

With such a compliment, Henry noticed how relaxed her shoulders were, and a smile began to form on her face. All the nervousness had gone. It was a relieving sight for him. And now he had calmed down too as she sweetly smiled.