25

"Hyun Ae ah? Wake up."

Hyun Ae felt a soft pat on her arm, making her grunt. But then something hit her mind.

Wait. Who's with me now?

"Eh? What are you doing here?" was what had left her lips first as soon as she opened her eyes and looked to her side.

She straightened herself up and began to stretch her body. "This must be a dream, right?"

"No, it's not," Namjoon chuckled, patting her head softly as he watched her rubbing her eyes like a little kid. "We're almost at your stop. So wake up now."

"Urgh..." she grunted, falling back onto her seat, just right before the announcement of the train, stopping at her stop next.

"Imagine if I didn't follow you... You might miss your stop."

"Haha..." she chuckled softly. "Thanks, by the way."

*

"Hyun Ae ah? Hyun Ae?" Namjoon called out, but all he could hear was just the soft sound of her breathing on his shoulder, clearly sleeping on another offered piggyback ride.

"You're really tired, what have you been doing these days?" he asked softly, even though he knew that she wouldn't hear him. He continued to carry her, in the quiet neighborhood.

He paused for a moment, his pace slowing down as he glanced up at the starry night sky, smiling.

"I don't really know much about astronomy, but if you're awake, you'll be happy to see tonight's sky," he whispered, chuckling as he continued on walking up the hill road, with a few times readjusting his grip on her, making sure she was on the right position behind him.

At this moment, he could feel her moving a bit behind him, and her arms began to tighten around his neck, making him shiver as he let out another shaky breath and thought to himself.

Why do I feel like I'll lose you anytime soon?

The rest of the walk was quiet. No more words coming out from Namjoon, and Hyun Ae was still sleeping. And it wasn't that long before her house finally came into his sight.

"Hey. We're here," he whispered as he turned his head back at her.

"Hm..." Hyun Ae hummed, as she kept moving around, and he could feel the tip of her nose brushing against the back of his neck, making him more nervous.

"Y-Ya... w-wake up now, you're home."

"Oh... okay," she sighed, finally getting off of him as he stopped right in front of the door. "Thank you for sending me home."

"Oh, it's nothing," he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked down at his feet. "Um... I should go now, I think."

"Okay," she nodded, and then she faced her door as she rummaged through her bag and found the key. She inserted it into the knob, and after a click was heard, she turned back at him.

"Um... We're friends... right?"

"Y-Yeah... Why?"

Hyun Ae bit her bottom lip as she gestured her fingers at him, telling him to come closer to her. With furrowed brows, Namjoon stepped closer to her, only to be caught off-guard when she quickly placed a kiss on his cheek.

"A 'thank you' token from me," she whispered, scratching her head shyly, and then she giggled. "Sorry that it's an American-style token."

"No, no. I like- I mean, it's okay," he stuttered, knowing that he had turned red at the sudden action. He let out a nervous laugh as he kept scratching his head, trying to avoid any eye contact with her as he kept on standing there.