54

"Ah, Hyun Wook. I wanna go out for a moment," Hyun Ae told her brother, as she placed her apron down on one of the stools in her kitchen.

"What? Why?" Hyun Wook asked, putting down some utensils on the marble-top island.

He watched her sister weakly laugh as she scratched her head, looking among the ingredients in her prep area.

"You did not forget something, right?" he asked again, slapping his forehead, knowing that she did forget something for her cooking. "Seriously, noona?!"

She clasped her hands together as she let out a giggle. "I'm sorry! I'll go buy it now. You prepare the rest while I go to the market," she told him, rushing to her room to get her purse.

"You're such a clumsy person!" Hyun Wook sighed in annoyance as he sorted out the dry ingredients properly for his convenience. He ignored the sound of his sister rushing past him towards the front door when suddenly she shrieked.

"Ah!"

"What is it again?!" he sighed, looking up at her, whining over her broken hair tie.

"This hair tie broke! Ah, who cares? I'll be back soon!"

And with that Hyun Ae left the house.

***

Jin drove up the hill road towards Hyun Ae's house when his phone rang. He took a glance at the screen then he focused back on the road.

"Why is Hyun Wook calling? Yoongi ah, please pick it up," he urged.

Yoongi, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, unmounted the phone from its stand on the dashboard. He hasn't said anything yet when suddenly Hyun Wook's panicked voice came in right after he answered the call.

"Is Hyunnie noona with you guys?!"

Yoongi looked confused as he looked over to Jin, and answered. "What do you mean? No, she's not. We're right outside- Hello?"

Yoongi looked at the screen, and clearly, Hyun Wook had hung up right when Jin parked across the road in front of her house.

"What's the matter?" Jin asked him, who had a completely confused look as they all began to get out of the car.

"I don't know. It sounds... bad?" Yoongi muttered, right before the door opened, and Hyun Wook dashed towards them, with his apron in his arm.

"Oh, Hyun Wook-"

"She's gone! My sister's gone!" Hyun Wook cried out, frantically looking down at his phone, probably waiting for a call or something.

"How long she had been gone?" Yoongi asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Forty minutes... One hour? I tried calling her and she's not picking up!"

"Let's get inside first. Where did she go?" Jin asked as he led all of them including Hyun Wook back into the house.

"She said she was going to the market to buy something that she had forgotten to buy last night. The usual market we go to is just two blocks away. There's no way she took more than twenty minutes in that market for one type of spice!" Hyun Wook took a moment here as he entered the house back, followed by the others, and continued. "And now that she's not picking up my call, it worries me!"

"How about Henry and Yoon Hee? Do they know about this?" Yoongi urged, looking around the house that he hadn't been in for months.

"They're still on their way, but it's going to take them an hour or two since Henry hyung picked up Yoon Hee first," Hyun Wook anxiously answered as he sat on one of the kitchen stools.

Not long after that, his phone rang.

"Henry hyung?" he called out as he answered the phone.

"Did you guys check the restaurant yet?" Henry asked on the phone, with Yoon Hee sounding frustrated in the background.

"No, but why would she go there?" Hyun Wook asked, never thinking of the restaurant in the first place as it was closed for that day.

"Was she looking out for some ingredient? I bet it's the one that she asked me about last night. Maybe she forgot to take it home."

"What? Hyung, are you going there?"

"We are, but now we're stuck in a traffic jam. If there's anyone who's closer to the restaurant now..."

"Anyone... closer to the restaurant now..." Hyun Wook repeated in faint words, but as he turned to the rest of BTS, he was about to ask, when suddenly Taehyung stood up.

"Ah! I know someone!" Taehyung said, raising his hand as everyone turned to him. "Someone's closer to the restaurant now."

*

"Please, Hyun Ae. Please be there. Please, please..."

Namjoon panted as he made the last left turn on the road and continued to run towards Hyun Ae's restaurant.

After he got a call from Jin and was asked to look for Hyun Ae at the restaurant, he left all his work and the agency immediately.

With hopes to find her there after her disappearance.

"Oh, the shutter is up," Namjoon discovered, swiftly pulled out his phone, and dialed Jin as he walked towards the restaurant. He pushed the shutter fully opened and entered the unlocked shop.

"Hyung, the restaurant is open, but... I don't see her," he informed the elder on the phone as he continued to look around. He walked towards the counter and found her bag there. "Oh hyung, her bag is here."

"Really? Look, I'm going there with Hyun Wook and Jungkook. Just wait there, maybe she'll return," Jin said before hanging up the call. Not long after that, the restaurant's phone rang, so Namjoon picked it up.

"Hyun Ae eonnie?!"

"It's me, Namjoon. I'm here at the restaurant now," he told Yoon Hee on the phone. "I'm trying to look for her now, just come here quick."

After the brief call, Namjoon entered the kitchen where the door was already wide open from the very first moment he went in.

He walked around the prep area and then the sink, accidentally hitting a pile of clean pots with his elbow, making loud clanking sounds in the silent kitchen.

"Before I set fire to this restaurant, best to tuck my hands in my pocket," he reminded himself, putting his hands into his long padded jacket.

He walked to another end of the kitchen where the small office was.

"Hyun Ae? Hyun Ae, where are you?" he called out softly after peering his head into the dark office. But he barely saw anyone in there, so he left.

He went to the other side of the kitchen, where the big walk-in freezer was. There was another prep area, and there he found her phone beside a small bottle of saffron.

The phone lit up, indicating an incoming call, and it was none other than Hyun Wook.

He was about to answer the call, but then he heard a muffled bang behind him. Knowing that he was all alone in the kitchen, kinda spooked him more.

"Did something... just bang..." he whispered to himself as he turned around from where the sound came from.

But his eyes widened after finding out what was behind him.

The walk-in freezer.

"No way."

********************************************************

Please support me on Ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/nanamirai and get more snippets on the writing process of ongoing works!

Follow me on social media Instagram : itsme.nanamirai & Tiktok : itsmenanamirai

You can also find me on AO3 : itsme_NanaMirai & Quotev : itsmeNanaMirai

Last but not least, thank you for reading!

Borahae, Nana <3