34

"You cut your hair."

Upon hearing to his remark, Hyun Ae paused for a moment, her pencil stopped moving. She looked up at him, as he watched her.

"Ah... yeah. Just... need a change," she chuckled nervously, as she remembered the fact that no one actually knew about her encounter with sasaengs the last few weeks. She never talked about it with others except between herself and her brother.

"Does it look bad on me?" she asked in a whispery voice, her face showed him a bit of concern as she touched her head, caressing her short hair.

"No, not at all. You looked..." Namjoon paused for a moment, scooting closer to her as he smirked when suddenly he said. "Adorable."

Hyun Ae suddenly coughed as she heard it, then chortled. "W-What? I-I-I'm not adorable."

"Yes, you are. I said it. Adorable. You look cute and adorable."

Hyun Ae looked down at her sketchbook, biting her bottom lip. Then she cleared her throat and picked up her book, leaning back into her seat as she continued on scribbling and doodling random things.

"Thanks," she muttered sheepishly as she shifted her gaze between him and her doodles.

Silence came in. While Hyun Ae was randomly doodling, in his seat Namjoon was staring at her unintentionally, admiring everything of her that he hadn't seen for almost a few weeks.

"It'll last longer if you take a photo."

"Huh?"

Hyun Ae tapped the end of her pencil against her sketchbook as she looked up at him. "I caught you staring at me."

"What? Pfft, no I'm not," Namjoon snorted, placing his palms on his legs as he pulled himself away, and sunk into his seat as he tittered nervously.

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

He let out a defeated sigh, as he ran his hand over his face and admitted, "fine, you win. I did."

"See? I'm right. But why?"

"I told you. Because you look adorable and cute."

Hearing it again made Hyun Ae pout and crossed her arms together with an annoyed look on her face. "Would you please stop messing around with me?"

"I'm not. I'm being honest here," he sniggered, pulling out his phone from his jacket pocket. "Can I really take a photo of you?"

Hyun Ae let out a disbelief chuckle, then crossed her arms with a very confused look on her face. "Seriously?"

"Well, you told me to do so, so why not?" Namjoon smirked, lifting one end of his brows with his dimple fully shown to her.

Damn.

"F-Fine," Hyun Ae stuttered, slumping herself back into her seat, biting onto her bottom lip while fully aware of her blushing.

Noticing her being a bit tense, Namjoon laughed softly as he launched his phone camera. "Just do your things. I want to take it when you're so into your work. Like candid."

"While you're into me. Perfect."

He froze. Now it was his turn to blush, but fortunately, he immediately pulled his face mask back up.

"Hey, I'm just kidding. Don't take it seriously, come on."

Hyun Ae couldn't help but giggle with her eyes still locked on her book. But her random circles on the piece of paper had proven that her mind got messed up.