7

"Just... how many times did you-"

"You heard the doctor," Hyun Ae immediately answered Jungkook's question in a deep voice before he could even finish it.

Ever since they left the hospital after Hyun Ae got herself treated, Jungkook went quiet as he found out that she never go to the doctor whenever she got wounded during work time.

"You should've gone to the doctor once it got worse. You got stitches now!" he continued, trying not to raise his voice. The rest of the boys could only be quiet, not wanting to interfere even though they wanted to.

"So?" she said, crossing her arms as she looked out the window, trying to ignore him who was sitting next to her.

"I know you're afraid of needles, but not having your open wounds getting stitches then letting your clumsy self hurt you all over again?"

"So?!"

"Wah, this person..." he let out an annoyed sigh, leaning his body back into the seat with disbelief. "And why did you never do anything about that corner?"

"Why would you care..."

"To prevent you from getting hurt again! Do something about it! You're a clumsy person, I knew that because I grew up with you-"

"For only thirteen years of your life."

There was a sudden long silence. All the members except Jin who was driving the vehicle glanced at the reflection of these two friends in the back mirror. While Hyun Ae still looking out the window, Jungkook stared at her with his widened eyes, a bit shocked actually when he heard it, and then he sighed, clearly done with the fight.

"Why are you like this?" he muttered, loud enough for Hyun Ae to hear.

"Sorry," she whispered, somehow regrets started to fill her, and she hung her head low as she buried her face in her hands.

Sighing, Jungkook put his right arm around her and pulled her closer, resting her head on his shoulder as he patted his hand on it.

"We're here," Jin said, breaking the silence when he pulled up the vehicle at the end of a hill road with lines of houses on each side. "And we still couldn't see your house."

Quickly, Hyun Ae picked up her handbag and patted Jin's shoulder from behind. "It's okay, I'll walk-"

"No," Jungkook snapped, grabbing her arm. "With that stitches, you expect us will let you walk by yourself?"

"I'm not a baby."

"Me neither. And I'm here as a friend who worries about you now."

"Now not only him," Jin said as he turned around at her and continued, "but all of us too."

"But I have been a burden to you guys."

"Nope. Plus," Jungkook chuckled as he poked her cheek with his finger as he proceeded. "I don't want to look for you again. I don't want to spend days, weeks, and months looking for the place where you lived. So now, we will know where you lived."

"What..."

"He's right," Jin smiled, as he began to drive the car slowly, entering the road section, which actually ascended up. "Now, tell me. Where should I go next?"

"Just go straight. After a few houses on this left side, you'll see the white and grey concrete walls and the orange door," Hyun Ae described and turned to her friend. "And I'm sorry, Jungkook ah. I'm so sorry for being such a selfish person."

"It's okay noona, it's okay..."

"No way," Jin suddenly blurted out, his eyes widened as the car slowly pulled in front of the orange door that Hyun Ae had told him. "Please tell me you're kidding me."