Epilogue pt 3

*A week later*

"Uh... Namjoon ah..."

"Hm?"

"I don't understand," Jin exhaled, slumping himself onto the leather couch, next to Namjoon, who was excitedly opening his packages.

"Why are you ordering too much stuff and you used the company address?" Jin continued to ask, watching his former leader.

"No one is going to receive it in my home if I put in my address," Namjoon uttered, then he pulled out a pair of cute shoes from the box. "These shoes are so cute!"

"This is another thing that I DON'T UNDERSTAND. Why are you buying kids' stuff?"

"Oh um... it's for Yeon Hwa."

"Yeon Hwa? Who's that?" Jin asked, confused.

"Um... She's..." Namjoon mumbled, scratching his neck as he proceeded. "Hyun Ae's... daughter."

Jin went speechless as he kept on staring at his friend.

"You've got to be kidding me," he breathed as he sat up straight and moved closer to Namjoon. "You met Hyun Ae?"

"No, not yet. I just... I met her daughter."

"She already... had a daughter?"

Namjoon immediately tore open another package and pulled out its contents, completely ignoring the elder's question.

"Ah, this shirt matched the shoes," Namjoon smiled, laying out the baby blue-colored shirt and placing the shoes on top of it on the glass table.

"Namjoon, why are you doing this?"

"I'm just... giving presents to a kid. Is it wrong?"

"No, it's just..." Jin let out a sigh, trying to relax a bit. "What would her father react to you, giving presents to his daughter?"

"I'm just a friend. Can't a friend give his friend's daughter some presents?"

"You sound ridiculous."

"Well, you're the one who told me to look for Hyun Ae."

"Well, I... hah." At this point, Jin was already lost in words. He let out a grunt, leaning back on the sofa, and sighed again.

"Oh, you wanna meet Yeon Hwa? I can bring her here," Namjoon smiled, folding the shirt neatly.

"You're not going crazy, are you?"

"No. Plus, today Hyun Wook is letting me spend time with her so that he and Yoon Hee can handle the restaurant smoothly today. She had to stay with me until the business close because no one is home with her."

"So basically you're babysitting her?"

"Yes."

"But, it's not like you don't have any work here!"

"I've finished them all yesterday," Namjoon chortled, right before his phone rang. He looked at his phone and smiled. "I need to get her. Sorry hyung, but I need to go now," he said, grabbing his car keys and immediately grabbing his coat nearby before going to the door, exiting the floor with the gifts in his other hand.

"Namjoon..."

***

"Uncle Joon!"

The voice of Yeon Hwa calling Namjoon from inside the restaurant made him smile as he climbed the stairways.

He watched as the girl made her way toward him in excitement and threw herself on him.

"Yeon Hwa," Namjoon laughed, as he kneeled and hugged the girl tightly. He then passed the paper bag in his hand to her. "This is for you."