35

"Ya, what if people see us-"

"Don't worry, I got it all covered," Namjoon mumbled as he quickly dragged Hyun Ae into one of the expensive clothing stores in the shopping mall. "This is one special shop."

"What do you mean?" she whispered, right after they entered the shop and Namjoon made sure the door was closed behind them.

"Oh, RM-ssi! Welcome!" one of the sales assistants greeted him with open arms.

Namjoon then gave the assistant a nod, to which the staff responded with a nod too, and a hand clap.

As if on order, suddenly the window blinds descended and the door was locked with a click. The store was completely locked out from the public.

"Wow!" Hyun Ae gasped in amazement as Namjoon turned to her, smiling.

"The whole store is ours, for now," he whispered, resting his hands on both of her shoulders.

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Choose anything."

"But-"

"I'm buying for you. It's all on me."

"No, don't do this. I can't-"

"We're not leaving until you at least get something," Namjoon cut her words, gliding his hands down her arms, grabbing her hands with his. Both of them looked at their connected hands, unconsciously drawn to each other as they moved closer. "I... insist."

"Fine. I'll look around," she sighed and began to look around the place.

She walked to the corner of the shop where dresses are hung on a hanger rack. Her fingers went through all the apparel, but her mind kept on asking.

Is there something wrong with him today? Why is he doing this? Is there something that he wants to tell me? Just... what is it?

"You're thinking," Namjoon suddenly appeared behind her, whispering right into her ear, sending chills down her spine.

She sharply gasped as she turned and almost lost her balance, and he was quick enough to catch her.

"What's wrong? Is there anything concerning you? You looked troubled," he softly whispered, making her nervous again. "I'm sorry if everything is overwhelming for you-"

"No, no... it's okay. If I say 'no', you're going to get me something from here anyway. Right? So," Hyun Ae then randomly pulled out one dress from the rack. "I'll take this."

"Gray, again?" he chuckled at her choice. "Girl, you know that I like you in yellow? Remember?" Namjoon then picked out a yellow dress and passed it to her. "I chose this for you. Let's go to that side and choose another one-"

"Why are you doing this?" Hyun Ae instantly asked him, grabbing his arm with curiosity in her eyes as they met with Namjoon's.

"What? Can't a friend give another friend gifts?"

"Then just brush it off! As he said, it's your birthday gift, or apology something that he mentioned last week. Plus, can't a friend give a present to another friend?"

Yoon Hee's words suddenly came back into Hyun Ae's memory, making her nod. "Ah... you're right. I'll... go to that side."

Hyun Ae looked down at the yellow dress and flashed a smile at the idol before she began to walk when suddenly Namjoon grabbed her arm and stood beside her.

"I... If you let me walk you home tonight, I'll tell you."

*

"Wait! Can I try that?" Hyun Ae halted in her tracks as she pulled on Namjoon's jacket. As he turned at her, she pointed to one side of the road.