80

"Yoongi oppa, answer me," Hyun Ae begged, sniffing as she grabbed his arm. "The one who had saved me a few years ago. It was you, right?"

"Look, Hyun Wook might be waiting for you, so let's just-" Yoongi immediately cut himself by getting out of the car.

"Oppa!" she shouted, immediately left the car too, and ran towards him, grabbing his arm and turning him around.

"Yes, it was!" he finally revealed, shocking her. "It was me."

"Why did you hide it from me?" she whispered, sobbing as she took a step closer to him.

"I realized it myself after you showed me the note. The note that I left for you."

"Why did you never say anything to me?"

"Girl, you're head over heels for Namjoon, almost all of the time. And because of that, I decided to just keep quiet about it."

Yoongi's explanation had made her frustrated. It was all too much for her to process in her mind, moreover after Jungkook's confession.

"I... I..." she mumbled and cried. "I'm so sorry. I should've noticed, I should've realized- I... I don't know what to do-"

"Hyun Ae, shh..." Yoongi softly spoke as he hugged her. She immediately wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Don't blame yourself, please. It's okay, it's fine."

"But I've hurt you all this while-"

"No, stop. I told you it's fine. This is why I don't want to tell you," Yoongi said, planting kisses on her head affectionately.

"You were my first love... You were my first love," Hyun Ae repeated. She pulled her head away, but still being in his arm, and whispered, "I am so sorry."

"The past is in the past," he smiled, and tears began to leave his eyes too. "I was the one to blame. I should've stayed by you on that day, yet I chose to leave you. I was so stupid. I'd never thought to actually meet you again. My dear, you don't know how happy I was that night when I saw you on the stage. Years had passed, and there you are."

"I've always wanted to tell you everything, but I was a coward. When it comes to you, I am always a coward. I don't want to lose you again," he sniffed, as he let his hand find its spot in her waist. "But at the end... You chose to leave. You chose to leave me, you chose to leave Namjoon, you chose to leave all of us."

At this point, Yoongi was so sad, he began to sob heavily, leaning his forehead against hers.

"Hyun Ae, I don't want you to leave. Please... If I can't have you, that's fine. Seeing you around, hearing you laugh, every time you step into the room... all that is enough for me."

"I'm sorry..." she whispered, her thumbs beginning to wipe away his tears as she went on. "But I can't. I've chosen this. I just want my normal life back, and this is the only way."

She stood on her toes, and placed a kiss on his forehead, whispering: "Thanks for all the care you gave to me. I... I'm so dumb. I-I can't forgive me, I'm so stupid..."

"No, no," Yoongi shook his head. There was a moment of silence, and both of them were standing there in each other's arms.

Their love finally reunited, but sadly... not for long. Maybe not in this world.

First love tragedy.

"Hyun Ae," Yoongi whispered, almost inaudible, but he got her attention.

He placed his hands behind her neck and whispered again. "Can I..."

Slowly, the distance between them lessened, and their lips finally found each other.

Not a drunk kiss this time, but a kiss filled with love, passion, and longing.