32

Five days had passed.

The call that Hyun Ae had been waiting for hasn't come. She kept on taking glances at her phone in the cashier area while wiping the tables. And Henry caught her as he walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey, what's the matter? Are you okay?" he asked, walking towards her with concern on her face.

"Yeah," she sighed, looking at the table she was working on.

"Well, you don't look like you are," he pointed out, taking away the cleaning cloth in her hand, and folding it neatly.

"Henry... It has been five days."

"It's okay. Let's wait a bit more. I'm sure they'll give you a call anytime soon."

"What if they disapproved it? This happened before," she said, walking back to the barista station, picking up her phone, and then just staring at it.

"Hey, hey. Be positive. Don't be like that," Henry smiled, as he stood on the other side of the bar. He watched her, lips tightened as her eyes stuck on the phone.

"Have you ever heard of a saying, 'good things always come after the bad ones'?" Henry started again, giving her a knowing look.

"Such sayings existed?" she mumbled, looking up at him in curiosity.

"Yes, it does!" Henry shot up, crossing his arms over his chest. "Look, take an example. Um... the good ones kept on coming after bad things happened."

Hyun Ae shot him a confused look and chuckled as curiosity washed over her. "What kind of example is that?"

He let out a nervous chuckle, scratching the back of his head. "I... well, you got the point. Just wait, that's all."

Hyun Ae pursed her lips, shrugging her shoulders as she walked towards him and snatched the cloth back. "Don't you have any prep to make in the kitchen?"

"Well, I'll say that I got quite good hands. Hyun Wook is helpful since the others hadn't come yet."

"And where's Yoon Hee?"

"She's getting new coffee beans stock from the back."

"Oh... I see," she nodded, glancing at the hanging clock on the wall behind her, and smiled. "Well, if everything is ready, let's open the shop."

***

"I can't reach her!" Jungkook scowled, as he tried to call the number that he had been trying to reach ever since he left the agency's building with Yoongi beside him in a rush.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Yoongi hissed, his hands curled into fists as he took a turn to a familiar road.

"Yoongi hyung, wait!" Jungkook called out when Yoongi suddenly ran towards Hyun Ae's shop as it came into his view.

He pushed the door open, making the doorbell ring. He stepped inside and quickly paced towards the front counter, passing through some customers and the workers.

"Oh? Yoongi-ssi?" Yoon Hee muttered as he suddenly appeared in front of her at the barista station. "Why are you here-"

"Where is she?" he immediately cut her words with his simple question under his shaky breath. "Hyun Ae. Where is she?"

"She went out, to get lunch," Yoon Hee answered, a bit taken aback.

"How long has it been?"

"Um... five minutes ago?" As she gave that as the answer, Yoongi ran his hand over his face, letting out a sigh with a noticeable shake. And this had made her a bit worried too. "Please, can you tell me what is going on?"