36

Hyun Ae kicked a pebble by her side on the road with pursed lips as she continued to walk.

It was a silent trip from the subway station to her home, with Namjoon beside her, staring out at the night sky.

"Seed of life..." he began, chuckling as he turned to her. "Oh well... Congratulations in advance."

"Shut up," Hyun Ae grunted, focusing back on her feet as they continued to walk silence kicked in again, but not for long when she started to ask. "Who do you think the father would be?"

"Is that what you've been thinking? Well, it's your life. I don't know how many guy friends you had and you hang out with. My guess would be Henry-"

"Nonsense! Totally nonsense! That's impossible!" Hyun Ae retorted, stomping her feet as she stood in front of him, blocking his way. "And the way you said that..." she paused, pouting as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Does being friends with the seven of you make me the worst?"

"Don't say that! I didn't mean it like that!" he scoffed, then she stepped aside and they continued to walk again.

Silence came once again, but this time along with Hyun Ae's soft sighs as she stared at her feet again. Namjoon stopped and grabbed her wrist.

"Are you worried?" he whispered.

"I'm going to have a child without knowing the father. Plus, raising the kid alone? Will I be okay?"

Hearing this, he let out a heavy sigh as he ran his fingers through his hair. "This is why I didn't let you do the reading, you totally believed that nonsense!"

"But she talked about me and my dad," Hyun Ae pointed out, looking up at him. "She's a total stranger, but how did she know it? That's impossible."

"What happened?" Namjoon softly asked. She sighed and led the way again as they began to walk.

"After I graduated from the culinary academy in Canada, my dad wanted me to take over his upcoming restaurant branch in Malaysia. I refused. I told him that I want to move to Seoul, though at a very young age."

"But owning a restaurant at a young age? That's amazing though!"

"But the main reason why I decided to move to Seoul was... he promised me that if I graduated excellently at that academy, he would let me go here and..." she paused, looking down at her hands before she resumed, "meeting Jungkookie..."

"That's all?" Namjoon asked, stopping in his tracks again, as well as hers.

"But he said he changed his mind and instead wanted me to manage his new branch outside Korea, and I didn't want to move out of this country! I kept on refusing, then at the end, he told me; 'If you really want to move to Seoul, prove to me how will you use that degree certificate to live alone.' Then he bought me the Nova House, and gave me enough amount of money to start a business; that is, my café now, and four-month expenses. I don't remember the last time I talked to him."

"And Hyun Wook... after graduating from high school, he got enrolled at a college in Malaysia and of course, under culinary. He came here right after graduation, he said," Hyun Ae smiled at the thought of her only younger brother.

"So, until now, you still haven't talked to your dad?" Namjoon asked. She shook her head. "If he knows that you're doing great here, he will be so proud of you. I'm sure of it."

"How sure are you? I'm his insolent child."

Sighing, he placed his hands on her shoulders and lowered his body a bit, making her look at him. "There is no father in this world that would have the heart to ignore his child. Especially his first daughter," he whispered calmly, giving her a reassuring smile. "Talk to him, it's going to be okay."