i silently visit everyday

i wanted to share my opinion on txt's debut and i thought it'd best to do it here since no one reads this anyway.

the song ("crown") is great. i like the lyrics and the chorus has been stuck in my head ever since i first heard the song even though i've only heard it once. this is a great thing for them.

from their other songs, i've only heard a bit of "cat & dog" but i didn't like that bit at all. i haven't heard any parts of their other songs.

the choreography for "crown" is good, innovative and cute. cute. which brings me to my next point.

the aegyo-ish theme is not something i'm a fan of, though i'm not against it at all. nct dream and twice are amazing and talented groups, i'm just not into the aegyo concept which is why i'm not too fond of the said groups' music.

the whole "animal concept" is just weird to me.

the music video for "crown" was way too much. i couldn't focus on a single thing, it was moving too fast and there were too many effects - i just couldn't catch up.

the members seem great and talented. i've read their profiles and they seem like truly amazing guys. they're all around my age which is kind of odd to me, but that's okay. and i can't even look at hueningkai because he looks a lot like my cousin, but that's my problem. the boys are very pretty and seem great.

however...

their fanbase is already horrible and it's only been four days since their debut. from saying exo's kai should change his stage name because of hueningkai to already getting angry about "the member who doesn't get enough attention" to the whole thing with having a bias and a wrecker before even hearing their voices and so on and so on.

i genuinely feel so bad for them. they're getting attention in such a bad way. especially with all of the comparisons between them and bts which obviously shouldn't be made. they truly seem like amazing guys with lots of talent, but the amount of things they got "just like that" is honestly saddening.

some people are calling them the new/boy blackpink because they're already climbing very high on the charts without doing a lot of work. [i am not trying to offend blackpink in any way, i am fully aware of their talent and artistry]. blackpink have released around 20 songs over the last three years and most of them blew up, making them one of the three biggest girl groups right now and one of the biggest girl groups of all time (in kpop, of course). in a way, you can 'compare' txt's debut to that. because their debut mini album and single both got a very high positions on the charts on the very day of their debut.

in conclusion, i wish the five boys all the luck in their fast-growing career.