Hybrid 8: Vampires Attack, Tyler's Secret Revealed.

Finally the day came when Tyler noticed the sweetly rotten smell of vampires lingering outside his territory. Each day it would get stronger as more vampires joined not daring to enter Silver Creek's territory until they accumulated enough strength, after all this was the same pack that killed nine vampires, two of which were older than three centuries, when they only had six and to make matters worst, the alpha was rumoured to have fought four all by himself.

Tyler gave the heads up to his pack as soon as he sensed them, answering all of the questions that came with his revelation like: "How do you know?" and "Why can you sense them and we can't?" etc.

Most of which came from Shane, but Tyler didn't mind as he himself was wondering the same thing.

He knew he was strong but how strong always came as a shock to him, after transforming into a full were-lion the first time he shifted, he thought all Therians were capable of doing it but at the rave he knew that was not the case. 

When he saw the shocked expressions in his pack's and the vampire's faces, he knew that he was something out of the ordinary and questions of his unknown origins again plagued his mind, which hasn't happened in a very long time.

"Who am I?" he thought.

"Why didn't they leave a last name on me when they left me at that orphanage?"

"Why did they leave me in the first place?"

"How can I be a legendary werewolf at 17 years old and how in the world can a Therian and a Vampire have a kid?" he thought, shrugging off the questions, burying them deep into his subconscious, so that they could not bother him any more.

Silver Creek was now on high alert, Tyler knew that at any moment the vampires could attack because with each night the strong scent of their microscopically rotting flesh would permeate the air causing him to gag at times.

Even though they were on the lookout for trouble, training was still required of them. Demetrius trained them in hand to hand combat, then he trained them in using Silver weapons, which were once harmful to Therians but were long since evolved passed. He drilled the thought of defense more than offense into their very souls enabling them to evade life threatening blows instinctively, before attempting their own.

Confidence was welcomed but warned against as too much could cloud judgment which could result in life loss or mistimed crucial attacks.

Night times were always tense as they would patrol the town in the shadows, stalking residents sometimes until they reached all the way home. 

Tyler would always wonder how so many women came to walk home alone at such late hours, especially in a small town where there was nothing too exciting to see, sure they had a few restaurants, malls and movie theaters, but really there wasn't much to do in Silver Creek, so "why were these women out and about so late in the evenings?" he thought.

Finally the night came when Tyler sensed the vampires coming.

: Heads up guys, they're coming : he said wincing as his pack flooded the link with questions.

: How long till they get here? : asked Derrick and Demetrius simultaneously.

: Not long : replied Tyler

: And guys, there's lots of them, so be careful : he said leaving a heavy atmosphere in the link.

: Aye aye Captain! : said Shane laughing, lifting spirits as he continued.

: Time to kick some vampire ass see, yea, we gonna pummel them back to ashes, yea, yea : he said impersonating those old school bad guys from the back in the day.