Hybrid 9: Supreme High Council Of Vampires, The Vampire's Feast.

"Halt!, who goes there?" asked one of the guards, pointing his gun, exaggerating his intent if disobeyed.

"My namesss Malpo, Hernando Malpo" replied the hooded man after raising his hands, showing the trigger happy guard he was no threat.

"What business do you have here?" asked the second guard.

"I've come to sssssseek an audience with the high counccccccil, I have urgent newsssssss that they would wish to hear" Hernando replied.

"Come in team leader, there's a Hernando Malpo here seeking an audience with the high council over" said guard one speaking into his watch, waiting for a reply from his earpiece.

"The members of the council aren't seeing anyone tonight, come back tomorrow" said guard number one sternly.

"Pleasssse, I have newsssss of the battle with Sssssilver Creek, newsssssss that should be heard promptly". said Hernando furthur stressing his need to seek an audience.

Hernando waited as the guard relayed his message, and before long he was again rejected.

"The council members aren't interested in your stories, in time they will have all the answers they seek, so again leave before I have to make you". said guard number one, pointing his gun yet again.

"The answersssss they sssseek won't come" said Hernando.

His message was again relayed but this time only faster.

"Who are you and how do you know this?" asked guard number two.

Hernando smiled knowing that he finally had the council's attention, without replying he simply removed the hood from his head revealing his reptilian skin. His appearance was again relayed and he was finally ushered into the building.

Minutes later, he was in-front of all nineteen remaining elders of the council.

"Speak snake, we wish not to be in your presence for too long" said an elder.

"Yesss my lord" replied Hernando as he contemplated where to start.

"I do not wish to be rude your lordshipsss but i would like to be compensssssated if my newssssss be worthy" he asked bowing his head as he tried not to be too bold.

"Ha!, you wish to be compensated, how surprising!" said a female elder sarcastically, causing her fellow council men and women to agree amongst themselves.

"Let's make a little deal shall we snake, if your news is worthy we shall pay you the equivalent of one million dollars in gold, but if it is not, you will die a most wonderful death after entertaining us.

"I accept your deal kind elder, but I would prefer my award in cash." said Hernando forgetting to whom he was speaking with for a split second.

"ENOUGH!!, what news do you have regarding Silver Creek?" asked an elder seemingly outraged at Hernando's arrogance.

"Ahhh yesssss, the elder you sssssent along with the other vampire'sssss to defeat the Ssssssilver Creek alpha pack, was killed." said Hernando

"Nonsense!!, you're telling us that a lowly lion cub and his pack of ingrates killed a high ranking member of this our High Council?" shouted an elder, causing other members to stand and shout in outrage as he was doing.

"I assssure you respected elderssss that I do not lie, I have ssssseen thisssss with my own eyesssss. hissed Hernando

"But that, my mossst exalted elderssss isssss... insssignificant compared to the newsss I have come to deliver of the young lion who defeated her." said Hernando flinching as he was almost killed by an elder who was angry at his "insignificant" remark, luckily the elder was restrained by two others who desperately wanted to hear what other news Hernando had.