40

Seokjin POV

"It's time for 4th period." Hoseok sighs. Our English teacher is a bitch. She'd pick one student, and make fun of them during class. It's usually the quiet, reserved students that she picks on.

"Let's go." We walk into the room, and sit beside each other. Our teacher looks around, probably to find a new target for the period. Her eyes land on Kim Namjoon, a very silent boy. He only speaks if he's forced to, and keeps to himself.

She starts talking about different ways to use the word, worthless. "For example, Kim Namjoon is worthless." She says.

Everyone looks over at Namjoon, who just stares straight ahead.

"Another word. Pathetic. Kim Namjoon is another example." She says. A few kids laugh. I actually feel bad for him. We've talked a few times, and I've developed a small crush on him. So seeing him being made fun of breaks my heart.

After another 10 minutes of teasing, he stands and walks toward the door. Before leaving, he turns to the teacher, tears in his eyes.

"My father passed away last night. So I want to thank you, for making my day worse than it already was." He storms out of the room.

It's silent for a moment, before she speaks again. "My father dies last night! Boo hoo!" She fake cries, in a mocking tone. I stand up angrily, and throw my book at her. It hits her right on the nose.

"You're such a fucking bitch." I say. I quickly leave the room, to find Namjoon. It takes me a few minutes, but I finally find him leaning up against a row of lockers.

"Hey." I sit beside him.

"Hey." His voice cracks. I place a hand on his shoulder.

"You didn't deserve that." I say. "I'm so sorry, about your father, by the way."

"W-Why would she do that?" He cries into his hands.

"Because, she thinks it's funny to make peoples lives miserable." I say. "She wants attention."

"KIM SEOKJIN TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE!" The PA system says. Namjoon wipes his eyes, and looks up at me, confused.

"I threw a book at her face, and called her a fucking bitch, for doing that to you. I'll probably be suspended, but it was worth it." I say.

"You really did that, for me?" He sniffles.

"Of course. I care about you, Namjoon. When she started making fun of you, it broke my heart." I say. He suddenly hugs me. I wrap my arms around him.

"Thank you, hyung." He mumbles. We sit there for a couple of minutes, still hugging each other.

"I should go to the office, now." I say.

"I'll go with you." He says. "I just...don't want to go back there.

"And you don't have to." I say. "You'll stay right here with me, and I'll make sure that woman pays for her actions. I don't care if I get suspended, or expelled. Protecting you is all that matters."

"You're so sweet, hyung." He says. We walk to the office together.

"Why would you throw a book at your teacher's face?! That is not like you, Kim Seokjin." My Eomma scolds me as I walk into the office. The principle must've called my parents already.

"Because, that jerk was insulting Namjoon, calling him worthless and pathetic. And when he left the room after telling everyone about his dad, she mocked him. She deserved it, Eomma." I say.

"You must really care about him." She says. I hold onto Namjoon's waist protectively.

"I do." I say. Namjoon blushes, and hides his face.

After a long talk with the principal, Namjoon and I were given two days off, amd the rest of today as well.

"Hey hyung?" Namjoon looks up at me.

"Yes, Namjoon?" I say.

"Th-Thanks for standing up for me." He says.

"You don't have to thank me, Namjoon." I press my lips to his forehead. "You deserve to be protected."

DEAD

DEAD