150

Seokjin is 7, Namjoon is 6. After the Time Skip, Seokjin will be 17 and Namjoon will be 16.

This is a request

Seokjin POV

"Joonie, look!" I giggle, as I show my best friend the matching flower crowns I made.

"They're very pretty, hyung!" He grins. "Who are they for?"

"Us!" I exclaim. I place the flower crown on his head, and smile.

"Thanks, hyung." He says.

"Hey Joonie?" I look up and him.

"What?" He asks.

"Are we gonna be best friends forever?" I frown.

"Of course we are!" He grins. "We're gonna be best friends forever and ever!"

*Time Skip*

That was a lie. During our Freshman year, Namjoon started to gain popularity. He left me behind, to hang out with the popular crowd. Now, I'm just the introverted, awkward loner. Sadly, I've developed a crush on Namjoon. I've loved him since we were kids. If I confess to him, he'll probably reject me.

I walk to my music class, avoiding everyone's eyes and ignoring their whispers. I take a seat in the back of the room, and place my head on my desk.

"Seokjin's a fucking fag." Namjoon's group of friends scoff. I slowly look up, to see Namjoon staring at me, an apologetic smile on his face.

I just shake my head and look away. "He's such a bitch, too." A girl crosses her arms. "Right Namjoon-oppa?"

The bell rings, interrupting Namjoon's response. Surprisingly, he takes a seat beside me. The teacher switches a movie on, and continues to nap.

"I'm sorry about them." Namjoon says. "They're just....idiots."

"You can pretend to defend me all you want. But as soon as you're in their little circle, you make fun of me as well." I shake my head, and look away from him.

"I don't make fun of you." He says.

"Bullshit!" I whisper-shout. "I'm not deaf, Namjoon! Just...stop talking to me. It's easy. You did it Freshman year."

"Stop being so immature." He crosses his arms. "It's not my fault, I was gaining popularity."

"Suddenly, being popular is more important than being there for your friends when they need you?! We made a promise to each other, Namjoon! Best friends forever." I let a tear roll down my face. "Where were you when I was getting beaten in Sophomore year? I saw you, laughing at my pain! And in Junior year, when I was humiliated at Homecoming! You were laughing along with them! I don't know why I fell for an asshole like you!"

I stand up and walk out of the classroom, even though class hasn't ended. I walk into the bathroom, and sit in a corner to cry. My best friend turned out to be a jerk.

"Seokjin...." I look up at Namjoon, and glare.

"I d-don't want to talk to you." I sniffle.

"I know you don't." He sighs. "Listen, I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I let my so called 'friends' beat you, and humiliate you in front of the school. I'm so sorry, Seokjin. I've been a horrible friend. I broke our promise, and I completely regret it."

"Is this some clever way to humiliate me again?" I scoff. "I'm over this shit, Namjoon! I love you, I really do. But I can't trust you anymore."

"You....love me?" He asks.

"Yeah. I do." I blush. "I was too shy to tell you before, but I really do love you."

"I love you too." He says.

"And I'm supposed to believe you?" I ask.

"I know, I fucked up." He sits beside me. "But I can fix this. I'll break things off with my 'friend' group, and gain your trust back."

"That's going to take a while, Joon." I say. "You know me. I don't trust easily."

"I know. But believe me, I'll earn your trust back." He says. "I swear."