Rex

I was a Jedi when I first met my husband, and at first I didn't think that I would ever marry anyone or even break the code, but after meeting him... I couldn't see my self living without him. Rex was my brother's Clone Captain and at first glance he didn't look like much, but he was hard working and courageous, not to mention funny, but he could be stern when need be. The only problem with Rex was the He wouldn't talk to me. Since I met him he hadn't said very much to me, other then a hello or a good morning, we barely spoke.

"Morning General Skywalker." Rex said as he passed me and my brother.

"Morning Rex."

"Morning Captain." I said calmly.

He nodded his head to me and walked away. I let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Anakin asked softly.

"Have I don't something to make your Captain not speak to me?" I asked softly.

"That's just the way Rex is, don't take any offense." He said with a smile.

I nodded my head and left to get ready for my next mission.

"Hey I don't hope you mind by I'm having Rex go with you, for back up." Anakin said as he sent me a smile.

"The more the merrier." I said as I sent him a smile.

Rex got in the ship and I let out a sigh as I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for us to land. I heard gun fire and held my breath. I felt a sharp jolt and bumped into Rex.

"We've been hit!" The Pilot yelled.

I felt us start to go down and I closed my eyes and braced for impact. I felt Rex's arms tighten around me as he hid me in his chest. When we hit the ground I let out a gasp as I fell against the walls of the ship. I heard a snap and let out a yelp of pain. Before I knew what had happen I was out cold. When I woke up I was alone in a cave with a blanket around me and my leg bandaged up. I heard walking and looked for my lightsaber.

"You're awake." A voice said.

I looked towards the voice and saw Rex walking toward me with fire wood.

"What happen?" I asked calmly.

"Ambush, you and I were the only survivors. I contacted Skywalker and he is bring a fleet to help us." He said as he put the wood down.

"I see. I had a feeling this was a trap." I said as I looked at my leg.

He nodded his head and started a fire. After finding us food and cooking it we set and ate in silence. I felt annoyance grow inside of me and I let out a groan.

"Okay, why is it you talk to everyone but me?" I asked with a pout.

"I'm sorry?" He asked with a frown.

"Since I've met you, the only words I've ever heard from you is hello or good morning. You barely talk to me and only nod your head at me. So did I do something to make you hate me?" I asked angrily.

Rex looked at me shocked before letting out a laugh and shaking his head.

"You don't see it, Commander, I like you a lot, which is why I try to distance myself from you."

"Why? I understand wanting a friendship-"

"(Y/n), I don't want a friendship, I want more." He said cutting me off.

I felt my heart skip a beat as my name passed his lips.

"What do you mean?" I asked softly.

(Please I'm not that stupid I know what he means) I thought as I held a groan in and stopped myself from smacking myself in the forehead.

"Have you not noticed how I always seem to go on missions with you when no other Jedi is with you or how General Skywalker always volunteers me to help? It's because I care about you." He said softly.

"I'm a Jedi."

"Which is why I distance myself from you. I know you and I could never be together. So I push you away." He said softly.

For the remainder of the mission we set in silence while I waited for Anakin to show up. Soon Anakin found us and we were taken to the medical station. My leg was bandaged up and I was left alone with Rex.

"I sometimes wish I wasn't a Jedi." I said softly.

Rex looked u pat me with a frown and I bit my lip.

"I hate how I can't love, how I can't have feelings... trust me Rex I want to reciprocate your feelings, but the order would never allow it."

"Then I'll wait."

"How long can you possibly wait for me?"

"I'd wait a million years for just one kiss from you." He said softly.

"Rex...."

"I know, good day Commander." He said as he stood up and left the room.

16 years later

I smiled as I walked beside Ezra and Kanan towards the Ghost. Ahsoka was sending them to go find an old friend of hers and I was nervous. It had been years since the end of the clone wars and I still was jumpy around people. I had ended up surviving order 66 after escaping with Master Yoda.

"So do you know who we are meeting?" Ezra asked softly.

"I have no idea, but I feel like I know them." I said softly.

"Well, we will see you when we get back." Ezra said as he walked towards the ship.

"Be safe, and may the force be with you!" I called to them.

A few days passed before they returned and I smiled as I left to greet them. I saw Ahsoka hug someone and I frowned as I saw her talk to them for a few before she turned and sent me a smile. The moment my eyes landed on the man I felt my heart stop.

"Rex?" I asked in a whisper.

"Been awhile Commander." He said softly.

He sent me a small smile and I felt tears stream down my face as I rushed up to him and pulled him down for a passionate kiss. He stiffened up at first before relaxing and pulling me closer.

"Seems I didn't have to wait a million years." He said as he let out a chuckle.

"I love you." I said softly.

He looked at me shocked before a smile broke off on his face and he pulled me into another kiss.