Hunter

I felt the explosion and let out a gasp as I hit the ground. I soon was able to raise my head up and I looked around. The smoke cleared up and I looked around for my squad. I saw Wreaker help Tech up while Crosshair helped Echo. My eyes soon landed on a strap body and I quickly shot up.

"Hunter!" I yelled as I rushed to his side.

He had a cut in his forehead and he was burned badly in his chest and arm.

"Wake up! Please, please don't leave me." I whispered as I gently touched his face.

I checked for a pulse but couldn't find one. I quickly started CPR and tried to get him to breath.

"Come on! Hunter please! Please don't you dare do this!" I yelled as I felt tears stream down my face.

I went down to give him breath and thought back to my last conversation with him. It was no secret that I was in love with Hunter, and he knew it.

"We aren't discussing this." He said as he walked away from me.

"Hunter, we have to talk about it at some point!" I snapped.

"(Y/n)."  He said as he turned to send me a glare.

If it was anyone else he was glaring at they would of shut up, but I knew he wouldn't do anything.

"Hunter."

"Look I'm a clone-"

"And I don't care. I love you." I said as I gently grabbed his face.

"I can't.. I'm sorry, but.. I can't."

"Fine, then this is our last mission together."

"What?" He asked shocked.

"I'm leaving to go help pilot fighters." I said softly.

"You can't be serious! You'll be killed!"

"I am, I don't have a reason to stay here. You all have Tech who can fly... so this is goodbye." I said before I pushed past him.

I had been lying to Hunter, I had no want to leave and I wasn't planning on it. I had only said it to see if he would fight for me to stay, and he hadn't.

"Don't you dare go where I can't follow you!" I snapped as I raised up for air.

I heard a cough and let out a sigh of relief as Hunter opened his eyes. I felt tears stream down my face as he met my eyes. He gently moved his hand to my face and I smiled softly.

"(Y/n)." He whispered.

"It's okay... you're going to be okay." I whispered.

After a week in a bacta tank he was released back to the ship. He didn't bring up the incident to any of us and we pretended that it hadn't happened.

Our next mission he sent the boys to do recon while me and him stayed on the ship.

"So.. when will you be leaving?" Hunter asked softly.

"I don't know yet, I'm waiting for word from Skywalker." I said not looking at him.

Word that would never come.

"Don't go." He said softly.

"Why? I can do more out there." I said not looking at him.

"You do more here. More then you probably have realized."

I turned to look at him and saw a tear stream down his face.

"Hunter... are you okay?" I asked softly.

"No! No I'm not! You want to know why? Cause I almost died! I almost died in your arms.... I almost died without you knowing that I love you! And what sucks is that we can't be together because it wouldn't be a life.. we couldn't have a picket fence... couldn't have kids.. couldn't let people know about us.. it would be a secret." He said as tears streamed down his face.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. I hadn't realized how much he was hurting, how much he was hiding.

"I want to be with you so badly that it hurts." He whispered.

"Then be with me.... Hunter I don't need any of that. I just need you." I said as I smiled down at him.

He quickly pulled me onto his lap and sent me a small smile.

"Are you sure? Cause if you say yes, I'm not letting you go."

"Shut up and kiss me." I said with a small smile.

He leaned forward and quickly connected our lips together. I let out a sigh and pulled him against me.