Echo

I let out a sigh as I traced patterns on Echo's chest. We had met at 79's a few months ago and it was still strange that almost every leave he had, he spent it here with me in my bed.

"What are you thinking about?" Echo asked softly.

"About what I'll do if something happened to you." I said softly.

"And what would you do?" He asked softly.

"Search the whole galaxy for you." I said softly.

He sent me a small smile and I leaned down and gently kissed him. I felt something slip on my finger and pulled away to see a white and blue ring.

"Made it from a piece of my armor.... it doesn't have to be for us getting married... I just.. I want you to have a piece of me with you." He said softly.

"What if I wanted it for us to be married?" I asked softly.

He sent me a smile and pulled me down for another kiss.

"I love you (Y/n)." He whispered against my lips.

"I love you more." I said softly he met me a gentle smile before pulling me into a hug.

"I leave tomorrow for the citadel." He said softly.

"Well at least Fives will have your back." I said softly.

"Yea, I'll send him your love." He said with a smile.

"Don't do that, he'll get the wrong idea." I said with a laugh.

"Not if he is smart." He said with a chuckle.

I smiled as I leaned down and kissed him once more. The next morning he left and I could feel a weight on my chest. I watched him leave and shook my head as I turned and went inside after he was out of sight.

Echo wouldn't return after that. Fives came to my house and gently handed me Echo's helmet.

"No." I said as tears streamed down my face.

I fell to the ground and let out a sob as I held the helmet tightly. Fives crouched down and gently hugged me.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"I didn't get to tell him." I sobbed out.

He looked at me with a frown and I gently grabbed his hand and put it to my stomach. He looked at me shocked and moved his hand away. I let out another sob and he tightly pulled me against his chest.

"I swear, I will protect both you and my brother's child. I will let nothing just either of you." He whispered.