Rex

I had been thrown into a cell and left alone. I had been arrested while trying to escape the Republic. I had been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I let out a sigh as I waited for someone to come in and start the questioning. The cell door opened and I looked up to see Captain Rex walk in.

"Do you know why you are here?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because I won a free trip to tour your prison cells?" I asked calmly.

He sent me a look and glared at me.

"You are here because we believe you are working for Cad Bane."

"Bane... Bane... sorry Captain, but the name doesn't ring a bell."

He let him out a sigh and placed his hands on the table.

"Bounty hunter with a ugly hat." He said looking up at me.

"Oh! That Cad Bane! Why didn't you just say that?" I asked as I crossed my legs.

"We need all the intel you have on him." He said calmly.

"On who?" I asked innocently.

"Cad Bane."

"Who?" I asked calmly.

He let out a growl and I smiled as he slammed his hands on the table.

"Ether stop waisting my time or spend the rest of your life behind bars!" He yelled.

"That's enough Captain." A voice said.

I looked behind him and smiled as I saw Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his padawan Ahsoka Tano.

"(Y/n), must you torture Rex?" Ahsoka asked with a laugh.

"It's the one thing that brings me joy."

"Snips, I thought you said she would be kinder to Rex." Anakin said with a frown.

"Snips? Oh I'm never letting that one go." I said with a smile.

"She won't tell me anything about Cad Bane." Rex said growled out.

"She isn't a clone fan." Ahsoka explained.

"Never liked you walking lab rats, no offense." I said sweetly.

"I never liked street rats either, no offense." Rex said before turning and leaving the room.

I rolled my eyes and told Ahsoka and Skywalker everything I knew.

"We will have to place you under protection." Skywalker said softly.

"As long as it's not him, I'm good with it."

I saw Skywalker send Ahsoka a smirk and I knew that I was going to wish I was dead.
...

"No, just no. Come on Soka... Skywalker can't be serious.. him?" I asked with a groan.

"I don't like this either." Rex said as he glared at me.

"I'd be safer with Dooku." I said angrily.

"Rex will protect you, just... try not to kill each other." Ahsoka said as I was forced onto the ship.

...

I set in the copilot seat and let out a sigh as I played with my coat. Rex let out a sigh and turned to look at me.

"Why do you hate clones so much?" He asked calmly.

"I.. don't hate clones.. I just strongly dislike clones." I said calmly.

"Why? What have any of us done to make you dislike us?"

"How can you all just do whatever the republic asks? How can you let them breed you like animals and then send you to your deaths! Why don't you fight for your freedom?" I asked as I glared at him.

He looked at me shocked before letting out a sigh.

"I'd be lying if I said I hadn't ever thought about leaving... but I can't."

"Why?"

"Because who would protect people like you? Who would risk their life to make sure that you were okay?" He asked softly.

I looked at him shocked and he sent me a smile.

"You might be annoying, but I do care about you... and I hope one day we can be friends... it would make my job so much easier." He said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh. I shook my head and sent him a smile.

"Maybe we can be friends, lab rat."

"Street rat." He said with a chuckle.

Two years later

I smiled as I watched my husband talk to his brothers. He turned to look at me and I waved to him. He patted his brother's back before walking towards me and pulling my against his chest. I let out a laugh as he leaned down and captured my lips with his.

"Excuse me Lab rat, but I'm a married woman." I said as I pulled away from him with a smile.

"Well he doesn't have to know, street rat." He said with a chuckle.

"Captain Rex! I'm shocked I thought you were one to follow orders." I said playfully.

"If I followed orders, I wouldn't be secretly married to a street rat." He whispered in my ear.

I let out a laugh and smiled as I leaned up and kissed him.