Hevy

I snuck through the barracks and frowned when I saw my best friend packing a bag.

"You're going to have to tell people you're leaving eventually." I said as I leaned against the doorway.

"Should I shout it from a rooftop or email it to them?" He asked with a frown.

"Hevy-"

"Don't try to stop me. I'm leaving." He said calmly.

I moved in front of him and he let out a sigh.

"Help me pack or get out of the way." He said sternly.

"No. Hevy you can't abandon your brothers... and you can't abandon me." I said softly.

"(Y/n)... I'm nothing special." He said softly.

"Really? Because you are to me. You're a leader." I said as I gently touched his cheek.

"I'm just a clone." He said as he looked down at me.

"I couldn't tell." I said with a small smile.

He looked away and I made him look back at me.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you to fail so you didn't have to go out there and fight. I do want you to fail, but I also want you to pass.... to fight for a better world and for a chance for freedom." I said softly.

He let out a sigh and let my eyes.

"We might never meet again." He said softly.

"I can wait."

He sent me a small smile and gently touched my face.

"I'll never forget you." He said before he moved away.

"You better not." I whispered to the empty room.

I let out a sigh and left the barracks. The next day I learned that he had passed and was leaving. I wanted to say goodbye, but I knew that if I did, I'd break.

I walked to my office, but stopped when I saw Hevy at my door.

"Hevy?" I asked softly.

"I came to say goodbye." He said softly.

"I thought I'd get a email." I said with a small smile.

He let out a chuckle and shook his head.

"I.. I'll miss you." He said softly.

"I'll miss you too... do me a favor and fight with all your might." I said softly.

"I will." He said as he sent me a small smile.

"I mean it.. when you think you can't fight anymore.. then fight harder. Not just for me, but for your brothers and for those who can't fight." I said softly.

"I'll mostly fight for you." He said as he sent me a smile.

"Tell the boys I'll miss them." I said softly.

"I will.... (Y/n).. I-"

"I know." I said as I kissed his cheek.

He sent me a small smile and gently squeezed my hand.

"Goodbye." He said before he turned and walked away.

I let out a sigh and turned and went to my door. I stopped and smiled as I watched him walk away.

Apart of me knew this would be the last time I saw Hevy, but I silently prayed that it wouldn't be our last goodbye.

It was months before I learned anything about Domino squad and what I learned I hadn't wanted to hear. Fives and Echo walked up to me and I could tell from their faces it wasn't good.

"Hevy is dead. Isn't he?" I asked softly.

Echo nodded his head and I let out a sigh.

"Thank you for telling me." I said softly.

I went to walk away but was stopped by Fives.

"He loved you. Wanted me to tell you that.. you gave him a reason to fight. A reason to protect our home." He said softly.

"I know he loved me, I just wish I would of told him.. that I loved him too." I said as I felt a single tear fall before I continued to walk away.