Poe Dameron

"You're nothing more then a pretty face."

The moment those words left his lip I felt my heart shatter. I saw a look of regret cross his face, but it was to late. I had already turned and ran from him. I heard him yell my name but I quickly pushed through people and ran out of the cockpit. I made it to my room and shut and locked the door before throwing myself on my bed.

"I hate you Poe Dameron." I said as a sob left my lips.

I had known Poe Dameron since we were children, his mother being close friends with mine. Since we had met Poe had been friends since we first met. We use to do everything together until the war started, and now it seems Poe wants nothing to do with me. When I confronted him he said I was jealous because I wasn't as good a pilot as him.

"Poe I'm a great pilot, I don't know what's got into you but this isn't like you." I growled out.

"I have a mission we can discuss this later." He said as he turned to leave.

"You don't leave until tomorrow, we are discussing this now! What is your problem?"

"My problem is you have no real talent the only reason you are allowed to fly is because your father is Han Solo. You're nothing but a pretty face!" He yelled.

And that's how I got into the position of me in my room crying, being honest I always thought that I was made a pilot because of my father, but I wanted it to be because I had talent.

I heard my door slide open and cursed giving Poe my code.

"(Y/n), I didn't mean what I said." Poe said softly.

I snuggled into my covers and held back a sob. I felt him plop down on the bed and let out a sigh.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry... I didn't mean what I said I was just trying to push you away. If I'm being honest, I care about you and I think you are one of the greats and most amazing pilots we have."

I peaked from under my covers and saw tears streaming down his face. I moved the cover away and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." He whispered.

I froze up and moved my head away to look at him. I met his eyes and he sent me a small smile.

"I love you too." I whispered as I moved forward and gently kissed him.