Rex

Spoilers!

I had a happy life before the end of the clone wars. I was secretly dating to Captain Rex of the 501st. I had met Rex while I was a mechanic for General Skywalker. I hadn't thought I'd fall in love with the ever so serious Captain, but after some time I fell head over heels. For the next two years of the war we were together, but that changed when Order 66 was issued. Thankfully I hadn't been on the ship with him, but after the incident I got a call from him.

"Rex are you okay?" I asked as I looked down at him.

"I'm fine, but.. I'm not coming back." He said softly.

"What do you mean you aren't coming back?" I asked shocked.

"I'm.. in on the run with Ahsoka Tano, and before you ask it isn't like that." He said sternly.

"I know that... where are you I will come-"

"No! (Y/n)... I'm calling to say goodbye." He said softly.

"No, don't you dare." I said as I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't you dare leave me!" I snapped as tears streamed down my face.

He sent me one more look before the line went dead and I slid down onto the ground and let out a sob. I covered my mouth and cried as my heart broke into a thousand pieces. First I had lost my best friend (Anakin), then I lost my sister (Padmé), and now I had lost the love of my life... all I had left was myself and the child I carried.

Sixteen years later

I smiled as I saw my fifteen year old daughter run with two other children. She was a sweet girl, and hardworking, but she also was stubborn. She reminds me of her father, who I tell her about everyday.

"Mom! Look I'm a soldier like dad!" (D/n) yelled happily.

I let out a laugh and shook my head. I soon called her in and told her that I had to go meet a old friend, and that she had to stay home.

In reality I was meeting with a rebel cell that needed help hiding. I made my way into town and looked around. I soon saw a lasat and smiled as I tapped the side of my pants when I got near him. He did it back and then I walked away. I made it to the secret spot and smiled as a group of four people walked up to me.

"You must be Spectre 1." I said looking at the tall man.

"Call me Kanan, this is Ezra, that is Sabine, and the Lasat is Zeb." He said as he shook my hand.

"(Y/n) (L/n)." I said softly.

"Thank you for the help. So you know where some fighters are?"

"Yes, in a base not to far, I can lead you there. I also have the access codes to get in."

"That can help, but you know after this you will have to go into hiding."

"I do, I already have my things packed and my daughter ready to go." I said softly.

"We should go ahead and get the kid on the ship." Ezra said softly.

I nodded my head and led them to my home. After telling my daughter we were leaving we made it onto the ship. As soon as I got on my heart stopped and my eyes went wide as I met the eyes of a man I had long thought dead.

"(Y/n)?" He asked shocked.

"(D/n), go with them and sit down, I'll be right up after I talk to an old friend." I said as I sent her a small smile.

She nodded her head and followed everyone to the lounge.

"What are you doing here?" I growled out.

"I work with these people. What are you doing here and who is that kid?" Rex asked with a frown.

"That is my daughter, (d/n), and I am helping the rebels." I growled out.

"Daughter? How old is she?"

"That is non of your business." I said as I went to walk past him.

"(Y/n)! How old is she!" He snapped as he grabbed my hand.

"Fifteen! She is fifteen and before you say anything no you can't talk to her! You can't even look at her!" I screamed as I looked at him.

"If she is my daughter I have a-"

"You have no right! Non towards my daughter and non towards me!"

"I know I made some mistakes, but-"

"But what? You abandoned me! You left me to raise her alone!"

"(Y/n)-"

"Don't, just stay away from us." I said as I turned and walked away from him.

The mission went off without a hitch and we soon made it to base. After having (D/n) go to sleep I left to get some air, and of course I bumped into Rex.

"Sorry." He said softly.

"Just watch where you are going." I said as I went to walk past him.

"Not for bumping into you... for leaving. Look I wish I could say something to make up for everything and I wish I could still be your friend... I know you hate me-"

"Hate you? No I don't hate you! I wish I could, but for some stupid reason I still love you! After everything you have put me through I love you!" I snapped as I turned to meet his eyes.

I saw tears stream down his face and he quickly looked away.

"What changed? Rex tell me why did you leave?" I asked as I looked at him.

I saw him look at his hands and I gently grabbed them. He flinched back and I gently touched his face.

"Rex... talk to me." I whispered.

"I.. I killed them.. my brothers... Jesse... they are all dead because of me. Because I didn't listen to Fives! Their blood is on my hands... and.. I.."

His voice broke and I pulled him into a hug. He let out a sob and I held him tightly.

"Rex, you didn't kill your brothers. The empire killed them... you had no way to know that Fives was right, no one did."

"Still I should of-"

"Look at me, you are a good man. Your brothers wouldn't want you to blame yourself... not Jesse... not Fives... non of them would want you to suffer for something you couldn't of stopped." I said as I gently cuffed his face.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I gently leaned up and softly pressed my lips against his. He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He held me so tightly that it was as if he was scared I would disappear.

"I love you and nothing will ever stop me from loving you." I said as I pulled away.

"I love you too." He whispered as he hugged me again.

To say that (D/n) was happy would be a understatement. As soon as I told her who Rex was she was tackling him in a hug.

"Easy! He isn't as young as he use to be." I said with a laugh.

Rex sent me a look and I covered my mouth to hide my laughter.

"I can still take a hit." He said with a chuckle.

"Sure you can sweetheart." I said with a smile.

"So, dad are you and mom gonna get married now?" (D/n) asked softly.

"Only if she will have me." He said as he sent me a smile.

"You already know I will." I said with a smile.