Echo

I let out a groan as I tried to zip my dress up. I was forced to go to a Senator dinner and had to wear fancy clothing.

I heard my door open and turned my head to see my best friend, Echo."

"Hey can you help me with this zipper?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Sure." He said as he dropped his helmet on the couch.

He walked up to me and I turned and waited for him to pull the zipper up. When I felt it go down I let out a gently laugh.

"Up. Echo." I said playfully.

He stopped and let out a laugh.

"Right. Sorry." He said as he zipped me up.

"Thank you. So what is my favorite clone doing here? I thought you had a mission." I said as I grabbed my heels.

"I don't, but I wanted to say goodbye."

"It's not goodbye, it's I'll see you later." I said as I walked up to him.

"Right, I forgot you don't like saying goodbye to people." He said with a small smile.

"I will see you when you get back. You better come see me as soon as you do." I said as I touched his cheek.

"I will. I have to get my Senator hug." He said playfully.

I looked up at him and held my breath as I met his eyes.

"Echo... I-"

"Echo come in, we are getting ready to go." Fives said through his com.

"I have to go. We can discuss this when I get back." He said with a gentle smile.

I nodded my head and leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"Be safe." I said softly.

He nodded his head and turned and walked out of my house, leaving me alone. I smiled as I saw that he had left his helmet on my couch.

If I had known that he wasn't coming back, that this would be my last moment with him... I wouldn't of let him leave.

One year later

I let out a sigh as I walked through the hallways towards my quarters. A lot had changed through the years, I had changed. After finding out from Fives that the clones had chips in them, I helped uncover the plot against the republic and stopped Palpatine with Padmés help.

The clones chips were removed and Palpatine was executed for treason. Sadly the war still raged on though, with Dooku at the head of it all.

I opened the door to my room and walked inside. Sitting on my desk was Echo's helmet. It was the only thing I had of him. I had yet to pick it up since I learned of his death.

"Oh Echo... why did you have to go?" I asked covered my face.

I heard a knock on my door and my head shot up. I quickly put the picture back inside and placed the helmet back on my desk. I stood up and whipped my eyes and grabbed some powder to hide the fact that I had been crying. I walked up to the door and put my code in.

"Fives what are you doing here?" I asked as I looked at him shocked.

"Can I come in?" He asked softly.

I nodded my head and moved to the side to allow him in. He walked inside and smiled at Echo's helmet on my desk.

"Is something wrong?" I asked softly.

"No... I... I actually have some good news." He said softly.

He turned to look at me and sent me a gentle smile.

As soon as the words left his mouth I was out the door and running to the infirmary, helmet in hand. I quickly stopped outside the door and saw Rex waiting.

"He's inside." He said with a gentle smile.

I nodded my head and walked inside to see a man laying on the bed, if you could call him a man. Most of him was metal, and he looked to having been starved. I laid the helmet on the bed and set down in the chair beside of him. I gently took his good hand in mine and smiled when I felt a gentle squeeze. When his eyes opened and met mine I felt tears stream down my face.

"(Y/n)." He said softly.

I pulled his hand to my lips and gently kissed them. He moved his hand out of mine and gently touched my face.

"It's really you... I.. I thought I'd never see you again." I said as I held his hand against my cheek.

"You should of known... I always keep my promises." He said softly.

"I love you." I said as I smiled down at him.

He looked at me shocked and I whipped my eyes.

"That's what I was going to say before you left. I love you... and I have since I met you." I said softly.

He went to say something but I reached down and grabbed his helmet.

"This is yours." I said as I handed it back to him.

He smiled softly and turned it over and pulled something out.

"There is my lucky charm." He said as he pulled out a piece of paper.

I frowned as he unraveled it. On the back was the words love of my life. He sent me a smile and flipped it over so I could see. I felt my heart stop as I saw a picture of me and Echo.

"I love you too." He said softly.

I let out a light laugh and set up and allowed him to pull me into a hug. He let out a sigh and hugged me tightly.

"I love you so much." He whispered against my shoulder.

I pulled away and smiled as I leaned down and pressed my lips to his in a gentle kiss.