Crosshair pt.2

We had made it back and thankfully Anakin made them swear not to reveal my secret. I soon found myself on the com with my mother/master, Shaak Ti. 

"So the Bad Batch know your secret.... this is exactly what I feared would happen, I am going to pull you out-"

"Don't... I trust them, I know it sounds strange, but I don't think they will tell." I said softly.

"Alright..... be safe." She said softly.

I knodded my head and let out a sigh as I signed out. I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see Crosshair. 

"Do you need something Cross?" I asked softly.

"Came to apologize for.... well shooting you." He said softly.

"You didn't have to-"

"I did, I feel horrible." He said softly.

"You feel? Seriously? I can die happy! Cross has a heart!" I exclaimed in shock.

He gently pushed my shoulder and I let out a giggle. He shook his head and I smiled as I moved to the side.

"Come on in." I said softly.

He walked into my room and I made something for us to drink.

"You have horses?" He asked as he looked at a picture.

"Yep, Lightning, Sapphaire, and Mint. But I call them Bolt, Saf, and Minty." I said with a smile.

The picture was of  three horses one black, another a light blue, and then the last one was a mint color. He paced it down and then I watched as he looked around the room. I walked over to him and handed him a glass.

"You like to draw a lot." He said softly. 

"Helps me keep busy. When I'm not drawing I'm helping Kix." I said softly.

"You're a medic?" 

"I was trained in the field. I also like to work with electronics. Favorite thing is to use droid parts to make different things. Like my pet scrapling." I said as I stood up and pulled out a small droid. 

The droid was the size of a bug, and looked like one. It had eight legs, two eyes, and it was a light blue. 

"His name is Fi."

"Fi?"

"It's after my best friend Fives. He was killed not to long ago.... here, I think Fi could help the Bad Batch a lot more then me." I said as I handed the droid to him.

"But he is-"

"he can pick locks and can record things. He could help you all with stealth missions. Besides I just keep him cooped up here." I said as I sent him a smile.

He nodded his head and then looked behind me.

"How is your.... wings?" He asked as he put Fi in his pocket.

"My wings are strong... they can handle a lot of danger." I said as I sent him a smile. 

"Sorry... again." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Don't be.... accidents happen." I said softly.

He nodded his head and we soon left for our neck mission. I followed the team onto the ship and stayed near Crosshair. We soon stopped the droid's but a group of droids attacked us. I quickly spread my wings out and stood infront of Crosshair and the others. I felt the pain in my wings and I let out a gasp as I fought through the pain. Crosshair quickly peaked out and shot all the droids. I put my wings away and he caught me.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he held me.

I nodded my head and we quickly finished the mission. I could still feel the pain and I gently took out my wings to check on them. 

"Can I?" Crosshair asked softly.

I nodded my head and he gently started to look over my wings. I let out a sigh as he gently massaged them.

"That feels so much better then when I have Anakin take care of my wings." I said softly.

"Maybe I should have you stick around so I can do this more offten." He said with a chuckle.

I smiled as I leaned into his touch. 

"See I lost my job." Anakin said with a laugh. 

"Yea, Crosshair is now my best friend." I said calmly.

"Hey now, I thought I was your best friend?" Rex said with a frown.

"Fine, he is my best friend in the Bad Batch." I said softly. 

"Bet he wants to be more then her friend." Wreaker said with a laugh.

Tech agreed and I felt a blush spread to my ears. I heard both Tech and Wreaker let out a yelp as Crosshair threw something and hit them both.

"Bet he isn't the only one." Hunter said with a chuckle. 

We soon landed and I put my helmet back on. After getting talked to I followed Anakin back to base. I made it a few feet away and turned to see Crosshair smiling at me. I sent him a wave before turning and walking away. 

"See you around Cross." I thought before I turned and walked away.