Chapter 16: In The Chimæra's Mind

"Let's start with something simple," John suggests. "Pixie, where did you come from?"

Pixie's head darts up and toward John.

There's a moment of awkward silence before John speaks again with an answer. "She travelled from a secluded building in the middle of a field. There was someone with her – a lady; I don't know who."

"How did she find me?" I ask.

John looks to Pixie; closes his eyes to send the thought.

A long silence passes before he opens his eyes again with a gasp.

"John?" Henri asks with concern. "What happened?"

"I- I saw something," John replies, trying to piece together the details. "In Pixie's mind. An image. A vision. I saw Emily, but not normally. Everything was blue; and, there was another person."

"What did they look like?" asks Sam patiently yet curiously at the same time.

John looks down at his hands in his lap while BK approaches slowly to nestle his ankles in a comforting manner. He picks him up so he rests in his lap also.

"I saw a boy. He couldn't have looked older than our age," John answers. "He was wearing a Loric pendant."

"Is it one of the others?" Six asks, directing the question to Henri.

"No," John says instantly. "It's Pittacus Lore."

Everyone is left in shock; even I.

"How do you know?" asks Henri.

"I don't know. I just do," John says.

"How is that possible?" Sam asks. "I thought you said he was dead."

"He is," Henri assures. "Or at least, we think he is. He hasn't been heard from for centuries. Could you have seen a vision of the past?"

"It seemed so," John says. "But that's not all. I saw him with Pixie. She was a rabbit too then. They were both on Earth. At some mountain range – I couldn't really tell where exactly. He spoke to her."

"What did he say John?" Henri asks, urging him to continue.

John looks down; closes his eyes as if to remember.

"Find her. She is vital to our future and to Earth as a whole. Protect her as if she is one of us," John tells, restating the words of Pittacus Lore perfectly as he heard them.