Chapter 58: A Connection With The Dead and Mighty

As darkness encases my vision, a vision slowly forms.

The outline of a boy lies ahead while a warm and peaceful place surrounds us both. A heavenly utopia that seems to only appear in the mind's eye when one dies.

A feeling of being lost overcomes me but is quickly put to rest when a heavenly glow shines down from above.

I walk closer to see who this boy is, as he looks familiar.

Pittacus Lore.

I've seen him before. In a past nightmare. One of the first.

He looks the same as then.

"So, you've found the Garde?" the Loric asks in a mystifying tone.

"Yes," I answer. "Where am I? Why am I here?"

"This is merely a dream; a vision. I need to talk to you," he informs.

"About what? Why me?"

"I know you are scared, but you can do this. You have to. You must kill Setrákus Ra. I did my best while I could. Now, it's your turn. You must train yourself," he says.

"You showed him mercy," I say, my voice slightly critical but mostly surprised.

"Yes," Pittacus responds, as if ashamed. "I thought I could change him. He was my best friend. It was my fault. I hope you won't make the same mistake."

"I won't," I assure.

"Excellent," he says. "There is such great potential within you. Why, that power that you possess, it was gifted to you from me."

"What do you mean? Eneration? You gave me that?"

"Yes," he answers.

"Why?" I wonder.

"Even before you joined the Garde, I was watching you. Even while dead, I had the opportunity to gift a human with that legacy. I knew I must choose the right one. I sought out countless humans in the process, looking for the one who could help us win this war. Until I came across you," he pauses to give me time to process this. "I realize this is a lot to take in. I don't expect you to understand it all, at least not yet. I saw what you are capable of. Even though you did not have legacies at the time, I saw determination, courage, bravery, honor."

Pittacus comes closer and puts both his hands on my shoulders, looking me in the eyes. His touch feels similar to when John holds me.

"You must use that power for good. To protect the world. To protect the ones you care about," he continues.

"Henri said it's called Eneration," I say, seeking confirmation.

"Yes. It is the most powerful legacy on Lorien. You must learn how to control it. Just like the other Garde, you have discovered your telekinesis. Along with telepathy. Use these legacies to your advantage. For when Setrákus Ra throws his worst, you will need them," he says.