Chapter 69: Mogadorian Aid

When I develop consciousness, I am back in my room, lying sleek under the soft covers.

I groan as I sit up.

My shoulder has a thick white bandage overtop of it. There is black coloring soaked through. I hold the covered shoulder, remembering the pain of what happened last.

The charm.

Whatever it does, Setrákus Ra can't be hurt.

I will be instead.

There's a glass of fresh water on the desk. It flows smoothly and alluringly in the round glass.

I reach for it, forgetting about the possibility of drugs inside, and I take a long sip. The water is cool and refreshing when it touches my tongue.

It gives me the fuel I need to pull myself out of the covers and lay my feet flat on the cold floor.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Welcome back dear," says an all too familiar voice through the speaker in my room.

My body instantly grows tense.

I stand and face the wooden desk, eyeing a brand new copy of his so-called Great Book.

"You were out longer than I had expected. I am glad to see you awake," says the voice of the Mogadorian Leader.

My fists clench but I say nothing.

Kidnapped.
Tortured.
Kidnapped with another.
Taken aboard a goddamn ship into space where there is no way out.

And casting a fucking charm for his own protection.

Constantly monitored. Constantly hurt. Mentally. Emotionally. Physically.

When will it end?

It needs to end.

I can feel tears in my eyes. So I close them.

I can feel my nails dig into my palms at my sides.

Feeling the anger course through me, I reel my foot back like a soccer player might before he kicks the ball and I kick the wooden furnished chair at the desk with enough force to make it go flying across the room, until it lands by the opposite wall.

My toes curl up immediately from the impact and I grit my teeth, collapsing to the floor below. I am filled with instant regret.

The door opens to my room a moment later and Setrákus stands in the doorway with his hands on his hips. Though his expression displays no disappointment nor does it show any upset.

I stare at him and he stares at me.

"That was foolish," he says plainly as he approaches to inspect my injured toe.

I should've expected he was watching me through the camera. My entire body tenses up due to anger. My legacy also triggered, my palms shining a faint blue.

"If you hadn't have put the stupid charm on me, that wouldn't have happened," I say, anger and pain in my voice.

"It's simply there for protection. You know this," he replies simply, examining the injury.

"Protection for you maybe, but obviously not for me," I say.

Setrákus waves my response away and continues, "It appears it is broken. If you would like me to heal it, I will. Just say so."

"Why? Why offer me your twisted version of first aid?" I ask.

"We will be on Earth soon," he says calmly. "When we are, I need you to be able to walk. I assume you want to walk as well."