Chapter 92: Her in a Vision

It is late in the day; nearly 10 pm.

The cleanup from the party didn't take so long with all of us working together. The decorations have been taken down. Paper plates and champagne glasses thrown out and put away. The table wiped down and the chairs put in their proper place.

The room has returned to its dull nature.

A normal Mogadorian briefing room.

The Garde and Cêpan, Mogadorian and FBI allies, including Sarah and the Chimærae, have left to retreat back to their beds for sleep. All but John, Malcolm, Sam, and I, who are the last ones to stay.

Sam stretches his arms long; does his best to stifle a yawn.

"Well, I think I'm going to head to bed guys. I'll see you in the morning, right?" Sam says, giving the rabbit in my arms a gentle pat on the head before making his way out.

The three of us nod.

Although I've been in a 3-week coma, I still feel exhausted. I suppose destroying a massive warship with a god-like Entity will do that to you. Though with Pixie in my arms and John by my side however, I don't feel the want to go to bed.

Besides, there's still something I need to tell them.

"Guys," I start, tiredly but purposely still. "There's something else you should know."

They turn to me, glance at each other, and wait.

"What is it Emily?" Malcolm urges.

I close my eyes for a brief moment; remember.

Remember the destroyed LDA.
Remember the pile of debris.
Remember the way they raised their blasters.
Remember the swing of their swords.
Remember her screams; her cries.
Remember the cell.
Remember my cell.

What is a week when another has spent years?
What is celebration when there are people suffering?
What is freedom when there is imprisonment?
What is love when there is hurt?

I open my eyes; look to John, then to Malcolm.

"There is still another we need to save," I say.

Pixie squirms in my arms before laying her head on my forearm.

"Emily, what are you talking about?" asks John.

"I saw her in a vision John," I explain. "During my coma. After we destroyed the Anubis. Pittacus Lore came to me in a dream. Gave me a tour of Lorien. Showed me everything."

"Everything?" Malcolm questions.

I simply nod once; continue, "I was left to wander. On my own. That's when I found her. Submerged in a pile of debris."

"Who?" they both ask at once.

"She was just a kid John," I resume, unknowingly holding my pendant for a sense of comfort. "No older than five years. All of that weight she was trapped under... it had to have weighed several tons."

John and Malcolm glance at one another again, this time seeming to be more alert despite the need for sleep.

"What happened to her?" asks Malcolm.

I look him in the eyes, nearly in tears, and reply, "They found her."

"The Mogadorians?" John probes.

I nod.

"Did they kill her?" he asks then while Malcolm goes silent, appearing to process it all. "No way did she-"

"She didn't die John," I interrupt. "They tried. Blasters and swords. She was left unharmed."

"But that's impossible-" John says.

"Nothing is impossible," Malcolm corrects, seeming to understand. "She's invincible, isn't she?"

I nod; respond, "West Virginia. They took her there."

A pause. Before the decision I am hoping for.

"Then that's where we need to go," he says.