Chapter 88: Agatha

With the confusion of the mogs wavering, they decide to help her out.

Together, they lift the debris and the little girl pulls herself free.

She stands, unhurt but covered in dirt and dust.

Eyeing the Mogadorians who are at least three times taller than her, she speaks meekly, "Do you know where my Cêpan is?"

The mogs do not answer, shouting something in their own harsh language.

All while the young girl stands there innocently while they talk amongst themselves.

Until one of the Mogadorians grab her by the back of her shirt collar. Thus, dragging her away.

The little girl screams.

"Kristina!" she cries, struggling to pull herself free from the mogs grip.

I hurry to grab her hand in an attempt to pull her away from them. However, when I touch her, I find the scene flicker until I'm somewhere else entirely.

I'm suddenly in some kind of darkened cell. It looks familiar.

A cell from West Virginia, I quickly realize. I was kept in a similar one when I was held prisoner.

The first thing I see once my eyes adjust to the darkness is that same raven-haired girl, sitting in the corner of the cell with her head in her knees.

She appears older than when I saw her on Lorien. It seems like she's been here ever since that day.

My heart breaks at the thought.

I kneel in front of her, putting a hand on her shoulder. She doesn't look up at me; doesn't acknowledge my presence at all.

"Who are you?" I try.

She begins rocking back and forth.

With her eyes closed, she repeats the phrase, "My name is Agatha."

Over and over.

I can tell she is upset, scared, lonely, and more.

I grab hold of both of her shoulders, willing her to look up at me.

To my surprise, she does.

She looks directly into my eyes.

I don't know if she can hear me, but I promise to her, right there and then.

"Agatha, I promise I will get you out. Just hang in there a little longer."

I let go and just like that I'm in blackness; the same void I was once surrounded by before the blue light of Lorien visited me.