Chapter 151: f***ing scared

I'm scared.

The last I saw Phiri Dun-Ra was in Ashwood Estates. I almost died. John was scarred and I almost died. Adelina did die.

Now, I see her again, smirking wide with those sickening black ooze tendrils writhing around her.

How did she know I was here? At this time? In this country in this city? Why isn't she in Alaska with the others?

I don't know.

I don't know and I am scared.

Once I am able to tear my gaze away from her and shift it elsewhere, I survey the first floor. There has to be at least a dozen Mogadorians accompanying her. In addition to who knows how many more throughout the entire house. Phiri Dun-Ra stands in front of them all; the first to greet me.

Behind her, is my family on their knees, gagged with their wrists restrained behind them. Pixie, whom is lying just behind the trueborn Phiri, is unreceptive and beaten. Mogadorian soldiers surround them, keeping their 20-inch blades dangerously close.

I stare at my family; meet the eyes of all four. My little Brother is crying. My Mother has tears in her eyes just watching him squirm from the bonds. My Father stares at me; for once, I see fear in his eyes.

When my eyes lock onto Phiri Dun-Ra again, I find myself struggling to figure out what to do.

I am scared. Fucking scared.

Unable to find my voice, I stand there awkwardly, my gaze continuously shifting from my family to Phiri Dun-Ra. I don't want to move, in the hopes that if I don't, my family won't get hurt.

"All alone this time," Phiri Dun-Ra starts finally, her smirk widening. "It's just you versus all of us. No John Smith at your side. No other Loric scum to mess this up. I get you all to myself," she adds, gesturing to all the mogs in the room.

I gulp, my heart beating heavily. Scared.

Finally able to find my voice, I take a shaky breath in and speak nervously, trying not to stumble, "Let my family go."

Phiri Dun-Ra laughs loudly at my plea. "That's cute," she says in response once her laughter settles. "You think we're going to let them go. Isn't that funny?" she asks the surrounding mogs, whom all chuckle at her joke. I clench my fists.

"What do you want?" I ask bitterly.

"What do you think I want human?" she responds. "We've crossed paths many times before. We always fought against one another. I must admit; you are an honorable opponent. Strong. Mighty. The type of warrior that would make my people proud. Using your power, you're able to conquer any enemy you set your mind to." I stare at her in confusion, unsure of what she's getting at. She continues, "We could've been allies once. I suppose we still could be; but I prefer not to be. For you murdered our Beloved Leader. Sent us away to a prison in Alaska. We're already a species dying out, and you and your Loric pals are just making it worse. Well, this ends now."

"What do you expect us to do?! Let you roam free and conquer Earth?!" I yell furiously.

Phiri Dun-Ra lets out a short half-hearted chuckle and replies, "Oh no human. I expect you to die!"

I'm barely able to react in time as a tendril of black ooze comes speeding towards my chest. Using my telekinesis, I stop it so it hovers an inch away from my heart. I don't realize that my breath is held until my concentration falters and the tendril moves a little bit closer. I can feel Phiri forcing it forward, fighting to override my telekinetic control.

I internally panic when it touches my chest. I'm exhausted, my hasty breathing worsening every second. My forehead is drenched in sweat. I don't know how much longer I can hold it.