Chapter 89: The Awakening

I awaken slowly on the surface of a hard and stiff mattress, my body numb and frail.

It takes some time for my eyes to adjust. Until I am able to prop myself up onto my elbows, groaning from exhaustion but no pain.

There are no windows in this dull unfamiliar room I find myself in. The walls are grey. The ceiling is grey. Even the floor is grey. There is no furniture except the bed I am lying in and a small writing desk in the corner.

"Where am I?" I wonder in a low whisper.

A brown bundle of fur rests at my feet, quick to wake. It leaps on top of me and bobs its white cotton bun of a tail with joy. The bunny's paws press into my stomach and it begins licking my cheeks with its short wet tongue.

"Pixie," I exclaim tiredly but happily. "I missed you."

The blanket covering my body is nowhere near the comfort of the one from the Anubis; it is thin and does little to keep me warm.

Once my Chimæra friend has allowed me space to sit up and lay my feet flat on the cold floor, my eyes focus on a fancy picture frame that seems to be made of a brushed stained metal. It is on the ground, the image turned away from me; not on display.

I focus on it; turn the image around with telekinesis.

Almost instantly do I feel lightheaded from doing so, but regardless, I am able to do it.

A man brandishing a long iron blade. Standing nobly and honorably with the sword held high above his head. A pleasing smile upon his face, teeth sharp and a pristine white. A bald head with foreign tattoos; patterns I don't recognize.

It takes me a moment to figure who this is.

A Mogadorian. A drastic alien being expert in killing without fear.

In his hand, hangs a silver necklace with a strange unearthly symbol on it, appearing to glimmer a faint blue glow. I recognize it immediately.

A Loric pendant.

Panic sweeps over me then.

Have I been taken to a Mogadorian encampment? Has Setrákus Ra brought me to some place where I can't destroy any more of his creations? Am I being watched right now? Is this a prison cell?

I look to the corners of the room I woke up in, and in one, I do find a camera. Though there is no blinking light next to its lens like there was on the Anubis. Is it active? Are they watching me? Do they know I'm awake? Will they come to subdue me?

So many questions running through my mind. So little answers. But one thing is certain.

I need to get out of here.

I've learned a lot over the past few... days? Weeks? I have no idea how long its been since I destroyed the Anubis. I have no way to tell.

Pittacus Lore – and believe it or not – Setrákus Ra, both helped me discover what I am capable of. They both helped me learn about my legacy, Eneration. They helped me realize who I am, why I was chosen, and who I am destined to become. The Entity helped me destroy the Anubis. Soon, I know, I'll be able to do that on my own.

That I am sure of.

But for now, I need to focus on being strong enough to get out of whatever mog prison this is.

It all reminds me of that phrase: with great power comes great responsibility. Am I ready? Pittacus thinks I am. So does Lorien.

I try to summon my legacy in my right palm. It illuminates a bright cobalt blue. I don't feel fatigued or anything from doing it; only from the events of the Sanctuary.