Chapter 143: Pre-Restoration

~ In the Perspective of Emily Once Again ~

Darkness. Blackness. Emptiness. And nothing but.

Where am I?

It's as if I am walking in a fog through nothingness.

I call into the dark void, my voice echoing for what seems like miles, "Hello?! Is anyone there?!"

I wait for a response of any kind; anything to tell me where I am or why I'm here. I wait.

Nothing.

Nothing but the echo of my voice and fading sounds of my footsteps. Only when I walk on, do I hear her voice.

"I wouldn't worry about her. In a matter of minutes, the parasite should've done its job," says the girl with the pink hair, of whom seems to materialize in the distance out of nowhere.

"I received word that she reached the academy. How could you let her escape?" says a strict female voice. The British lady.

Bea.

She appears nearby. Though neither of these people look real. Their skin doesn't look normal; it's almost as if it has a translucency to it. What is happening?

"Hey! Who are you guys?!" I shout in question. Though neither of them pays me any attention. They don't see me. They don't hear me. It's like I don't exist.

"I assure you; Emily will die shortly, if she hasn't already that is," the pink-haired girl replies.

I'm left frozen in place with my jaw hanging open in disbelief. She's talking about me; I know she is. I don't even know who these people are.

"She better. Or else it'll cause problems. I can't deal with any of those problems right now. I don't think you can either," the lady says, glaring steely at the girl.

The girl gulps and nods. I wish I knew who she is.

The lady dissipates and the empty darkness replaces her fading figure.

The girl is left standing as she was, her hands preoccupied with something in front of her.

I slowly walk closer to peer over her shoulder. And when I do, I find a noose. It is familiar to me somehow. That deep purple in color. The edge of it sharp.

The scar that it causes that cannot be healed under any circumstances.

Suddenly, everything all comes back.

"Magdalena," I whisper coldly, as if disappointed in hearing the sound of her name through my own vocal cords.

The girl lifts her head at the sound of her name, but otherwise, does not move.

I stand behind her, keeping a safe distance between her and I.

"Didn't think I'd be seeing you again," she says as she finally turns around. I'm about to respond when someone else beats me to it.

"We wouldn't be seeing each other again if you didn't comatose my girlfriend," says a charming male's voice from behind me. I recognize it like no other.

When I turn, my eyes find John in the fleeting shadows, a certain fire in his eyes that seem to light up the dark.

"I'm sorry John. I truly am, but you have to understand," Magdalena says. She doesn't notice me. That wasn't me she heard speak her name earlier; it was John.