Chapter 87: The Untouchable Child

I expect to wake up.

But I don't.

No matter how hard I try.

Instead, I am left alone to wander Lorien's deceased grounds.

I find myself making my way to the destroyed LDA, which has been completely levelled out, only piles of debris left.

My heart aches at the sight of it all.

Full of sadness, I hear the faint sounds of a struggle.

Unsure if it is the sounds of a Loric, Chimæra, or hostile, I walk towards it.

Soon to find a child with raven hair, green eyes, and pale skin, submerged in the debris. She can't be any older than five years of age.

The weight of all that debris must weigh several tons.

"How is she alive?!" I wonder in awe.

And yet, she is. Though struggling to free herself.

I rush over to help her.

Although with my being still transparent and essence glowing a vibrant ghostly blue, I'm not sure how I can. She can't hear or see me.

I touch her on the shoulder gently, trying to calm her down as she panics. But it does nothing.

She continues her squirming and crying.

I try to lift the debris off of her, but my hands go right through it.

"I don't know how to help you," I say, heartbroken.

It's then she shouts in frustration.

Minutes later, I hear the sounds of heavy footsteps approaching.

Mogadorians I soon realize.

I have no idea what to do; there's nothing I can do.

So I stand completely frozen by the girl's side as the Mogadorians approach.

"Hey! Over here!" one of them shouts, surprisingly in accented English.

A few more follow.

They raise their blasters and I can't help but stand in their way.

Of course, it does nothing.

They fire and I cringe as the blasts go right through me, hitting the girl in the back.

She screams but is not injured, I realize.

Confusion sets afoot on the mogs faces and I can't help but smile as an explanation comes to mind.

Though that smile quickly fades as the mogs unsheathe their 20-inch swords.

My breath catches in my throat as the blades pass straight through me.

They swing at her head.

The blade penetrates her skull, yet she doesn't even scream in pain.

It's as if it never happened.

What should've been a fatal attack, has instead turned into a mere fortunate destiny.

I almost can't believe it.

She's invincible.