Chapter 110: Blast After Blast

All hell breaks loose.

The warship over the city opens fire and the New York City skyline is driven to mass bombardment. I hear it as if I am there.

The screams of the dead needling me to save them. Save them because they couldn't be saved the first time.

The same as when Lorien began to burn and my heart shatters.

I see the smoke in the dark of night. I feel the fires like I am surrounded. The tallest buildings crumble and fall. The vibrations and damage rumble under my feet even though I am on a different island at least a thousand feet away.

How many is that? 5,000? 6,000? More?

Dead.

Those are my people. The innocent human lives born without legacies – without power – that had no way of protecting themselves. The lives of children, men, women, grandparents, all slaughtered by a single command.

How could he do this?

How could I do this? How could I let this happen?

"Emily," says Agent Walker's voice in a quiet and disbelieving tone. She is the one that brings me back from the past. She is the one that brings me to focus. "It isn't over yet."

At that, I eye the beast that caused this. The one that smirks ever so crudely.

And I scream.

A loud and angry scream that carries power in it alone. Emitting an invisible soundwave of radiating energy enough to strike a 10-foot tall beast. If only that 10-foot tall beast did not corrupt his body with poison to reach a state of immortality, perhaps the attack would've done greater damage.

I stomp my foot on the cracked stone with such strength and ferocity that a vivid blue light shines forth from its depths.

I feel my bond with the source of my power alive and flourishing through my veins.

And together, with Lorien and I, I project that energy under his weight.

The paved ground cackles and pops with an electrifying field of Loric energy. Soon the ground hums and grey turns to blue. A striking charge of zapping energy covers the firm ground. It spreads through the concrete, swallows the air, turning it all into cobalt and giving a warm comforting feel across my skin.

And as the caterpillar on my shoulder morphs into a mighty bald eagle with a 2-meter wingspan and sharp ripe talons with the desire to kill, I charge.

Together with Lorien. Together with my Chimæra. To protect our own.

And as we do, I reach out to Agent Walker's mind, rooted and speechless to our present unideal situation, "Stay back and let me handle it. Stay safe."

Setrákus Ra rises off the floor by a mere inch or few to keep from touching my electrified terrain. It does not matter. I will not let him stand. Not after all the destruction and hurt he has caused. I will not let him stand.

"Ah," he says at first. "It seems you have realized the extent of your power. As I knew you would. Mighty indeed and a worthy adversary. Are you finally ready to accept the truth?"

His words just make me angrier; flaring the vibe and vitality of my legacy even further.

I jump and hover, my Eneration allowing me to linger above the land and above my enemy.

Then I shout with the sound of a thousand voices combined, "Save your fancy talk for Pittacus! This ends today!"

I raise my azure palm and blast a beam of energy thicker than the trunk of the nearest tree.