Chapter 45: Thy Stone Brings A Vision

I awaken bright and early the following day at 7:00 am to find birds flying across my floor-to-ceiling bedroom window, the sun just casting its light over the city. It's the first morning in weeks where I don't wake up from a nightmare, but rather a peaceful dream.

For once, I was able to forget. Forget everything. Forget the war, forget the pain, forget the possibility of the death of any Loric.

But now I'm back. Resumed in a war that has the lives of many on the line, and I am still determined to find a way to train my Eneration.

Meditation did not work. As much as it helped reach a state of calm, I don't want to receive nightmares or painstaking visions by doing it again.

I'll find another way.

Over breakfast with Henri, John, Adelina, and Sam, Henri mentions an idea.

"So, I was rifling through John's Chest to see if there was anything we could use to train Emily's unique Legacy, and I think I found something," he says.

"What is it?" Sam asks.

"A stone," he answers, pulling out a dark blue stone the size of his palm from his pocket. "It's called the Xenoitis stone; capable of granting a Legacy with the strength it needs in order to be used."

"What does that mean?" John asks.

"It means, similar to the crystal I used to spread the lumen to the rest of your body, this stone should allow Emily's body to adapt to the Legacy's capabilities," Henri explains. "You see, right now, your body is only relying on excessive amounts of Energy simply because it's not used to this power; it's behaving on how the human body would behave. However, with this stone it should allow the various pathways in your body to clear, thus making it easier for your Legacy's Energy to flow much more steadily."

"Okay, but why was it in John's Chest?" I question.

"It's not only for John's purpose, but any Garde," he answers.

"Are you sure it'll work on her? I thought the stuff in my Chest couldn't be used on humans," John adds.

Henri simply shrugs and says, "Only one way to find out. Besides, maybe the fact that she's developed legacies will change that. It's worth a try."

"I don't see how using this particular stone on Emily is going to help her learn to control her Legacy," Adelina says curiously.

Henri stands and gestures for me to follow him into the living room. I do so and everyone does the same.

Henri takes a seat on the couch and I sit next to him.

"Here. Give me your hand," Henri instructs, holding an empty palm out to me while clutching the stone in the other.

I obey and give him my left hand.

Before Henri traces the Xenoitis stone over my fingertips, he says softly, "Let me know if you feel any pain."

I glance at him somewhat nervously but nod.

It's then Henri brings the stone closer to the tip of my index finger. Upon contact, I find that the stone holds a smooth texture despite its rougher appearance. At first, it is cold to the touch. Though, as Henri moves the stone slowly across my skin, its coldness fades.

From the tip of my index finger to the palm of my hand. From the palm of my hand to the edge of my wrist. From the edge of my wrist to my forearm.

When the stone touches my forearm, do I feel a slight tingling sensation. I'm not sure if it's from the stone or from the green scars covering my wrists, but my hands begin to tremble uncontrollably. Henri must notice because he speaks calmly, "Close your eyes. Let your mind drift. Be strong Emily."