Chapter 26: The Plan

Due to the Loralite stone being unable to teleport all of us out of here and to the same place, we have decided to flee out the back.

Eight informs us of a back exit in the cave. One that he has taken the time to excavate in case an emergency escape route was needed.

It is needed.

Outside, it is clearer than what Eight witnessed at the cave's main entrance. It is not completely free of mogs, but they are easier to get by. Half a dozen scattered through the trees and bushes, more or less.

It is much less hectic, and we are able to escape with no causalities.

Once we are on the road, Crayton asks, "Now where to?"

I look to Nine until he meets my gaze. I smile slightly through the corners of my mouth and reply, "Chicago. To somewhere that we can lay low and train to plan our next move."

Nine smiles.

Hours pass. Almost an entire day has gone by.

We arrive in the city of Nine's penthouse and head to the John Hancock building. As Henri drives us closer to the destination, I notice John looking a little down. I can tell he's thinking about Sarah. I put a hand on his and whisper softly to him, "Sarah is fine John. She has Mark. He'll protect her."

"How'd you know I was thinking about Sarah?" John wonders curiously though without his full attention.

"I don't know; just a hunch," I answer with a shrug.

He doesn't seem to fully be assured of Sarah's safety by my comment, but I know he accepts it.

We arrive in Nine's penthouse and get settled in. It is late, near midnight.

Nine gives us a quick tour of the place and soon we each have a separate room for ourselves, except Marina and Ella whom wanted to stick together.

Over a quick dinner, we discuss our next objectives.

The Garde together so far are: John, Six, Marina, Eight, Nine, and Ella. Including, Crayton, Adelina, Henri, Sam, me, BK, and Pixie. All we are missing is Five.

After informing the group of Five's betrayal and the possibility of finding unknown but useful information in Malcolm's bunker, Henri thinks it best to stay and search for the last Garde; believes it's best if we can track him down as soon as possible before he causes any trouble.

Mainly everyone is in agreement; in agreement or neutral with the decision.

The plan is to split up into two groups.

I will go with Pixie, Henri, and Six to try and find Five.

John, BK, Sam, and Eight will go back to Paradise to Malcolm's underground bunker to see what they can find.

The rest will stay at the safehouse and train.

"Alright. All of us should be back within a week. If not, we can assume something went wrong," Henri clarifies.

"Gotcha," Nine says. "One week before I can kick some ass."

"We'll keep an eye on your movements with the Macrocosm," Marina adds. "If anything goes wrong with your dots, we'll be on our way."

"Otherwise we'll be holding down the fort," Crayton assures.