Chapter 65: Oh Child Oh Prisoner

I follow behind the mog by a comfortable distance, though it is still enough to make me feel uneasy.

The hallways are long, bright, and clean. It's as if I am walking in a palace. There are photographs along the walls; most of Setrákus Ra and others of select Mogadorians, assuming they are classified as noble warriors. I even find Phiri Dun-Ra's face in one frame. The bitch that brought me here.

I tighten my fists to prevent myself from punching a hole through them. I take a deep breath and continue walking.

This mog said he's taking me to Setrákus Ra; says his Beloved Leader wants to see me. Well, I really don't want to see him. I only want to see Ella. I need to know if she's okay. If his plans are anything like the nightmare I had most previously, I fear of the charm that Ella could bear – that which Pittacus Lore said she could bear. I can't let anything happen to her. So be it if the worst happens to me, but I can't let it happen to her.

Soon the leading mog stops outside a heavy silver-plated door. I stop shortly behind him.

"Beloved Leader is waiting," the mog says, voice expressionless. "After you."

I take a deep breath as the mog steps out of the way and I open the door.

There is a table in the center, long and fancy, with a golden chandelier above. There could potentially be at least 30 people seated at the table, the chairs being of matching esthetic that seems fit for hierarchy.

At the far end of the room, there is a floor to ceiling window with multiple twinkling lights in its display. It's only when a giant sphere of blue and green comes into view that I realize what I am looking at.

Earth. My planet. My home.

Those twinkling lights are not lights at all.

They're stars. Millions of them. In a vast display of universe darkness.

And behind it all, stands the threat to us all. Dressed formally in an elegant black suit. Standing with the Golden Cane I've seen a few times already. He is at least twice my size.

He has taken us to space. Aboard a ship where there is no escape; no hope of going home. I don't know which is more upsetting. The view outside or the person standing right ahead.

As he turns to face me, someone with tiny arms runs into me and wraps me up in a tight hug.

"Emily! You're okay!" says Ella's petite voice with her face buried into my stomach. Upon seeing her, I hug her back tightly, gratitude in my touch.

"Ella," I say, relieved. "I'm so glad you're alright."

We pull away and I see that she's dressed in the same black gown as I am in and the thought of the mogs dressing Ella in the same way makes me sick.

"I was so worried about you," I add.

I look into her big hazelnut eyes and can tell she's scared. I wish I could tell her that everything will be alright, but I'm already trying to convince myself that.

I glance at Setrákus Ra with hate to find that there is surprise and disappointment in his eyes, as if almost angry that Ella left his side.

He advances towards us, like a parent that has to deal with a disobedient child.

Afraid for her safety, I put her behind me in a means to protect her, and I shout, "Stay away from her!"

"And why is that?" he asks calmly yet strictly.

"You're a monster! I won't let you hurt her like you hurt me!" I reply.

"I am her grandfather. Do not worry child. I will not harm her," he says.