Chapter 40: Eneration

Days have passed. Everyone around the penthouse now knows of my newfound ability. I've been spending most of my time in the Lecture Hall. Nine has been helping me train. Though so far, physical drills haven't helped much to control this new power. In terms of what it is?

Henri said it's called Eneration, the ability to control and manipulate currents of Energy.

"It is said to be the rarest Legacy of our planet," Henri says over dinner at the table. "Even above Ximic. In fact, it was so rare that no one seemed to possess the legacy except Pittacus Lore. Some believed it to be a myth."

"Why was it that rare?" Eight asks.

"Eneration isn't just any legacy that any Garde could develop. It is an ability that requires a piece of Lorien directly to be used, meaning that Lorien had to strictly choose you to wield that power," he explains further.

"Choose?" Sam questions. "Like in Pokémon? Like a, I don't know, 'I choose you, Pikachu' moment? Like when a trainer selects their first Pokémon?"

Everyone turns and stares. All but Sam and Ella whom have wide grins on their faces at the reference.

I roll my eyes.

The moment quickly passes, Sam deciding against explaining to the Loric what Pokémon is.

In doubt of what Henri seems to be implying, I ask, "Henri, are you saying...?"

"Yes," Henri answers, as if he knew what I was planning to say. "Lorien chose you Emily. I don't know why; I don't know how, but Lorien saw something in you that the rest of us don't have. It's up to you to use it for its true intention."

I look down at my hands in my lap, to which the blue glow comes from. Then glance back at Henri and question, "What is its true intention?"

"That I do not know," he answers straightforwardly. "Eneration is a spectacular and extremely rare ability. It has many uses that even I don't know about. On Lorien, I wasn't trained to deal with such a high and mighty power. Although, I believe that with all of us working together, we can find a way to train you with that Legacy, and maybe eventually, to find its true purpose."

No one says much of anything after that, all of us deep in thought. So, we decide to call it a night, Marina and Eight the first to begin cleaning up, while the rest of us follow. Then we all head to bed.

I have another nightmare that night.

Back in the cave. In that very same room with Henri. Chained to the wall and left to dangle alone by my wrists.

The pain is still there; I can feel it as it was present the first time.

I hear Setrákus Ra's voice echo the walls of the chamber, even though he is nowhere in sight.

"You have 24 hours to return to me. Otherwise I'm afraid you can say goodbye to the rest of your pals," he says.

Fearful just as I was, I speak, "And what if I do? What do you plan to do with me?"

"We will work together to understand your power. As well as discuss everything you know about this war," he answers.

Furious and in pain, I yell into the dark empty room, "I hate you! I'll never go back!"

"Say whatever you like, but you know the consequences," his voice whispers behind my ear. It's as if his presence is here with me.

It isn't long until I feel the sensation of a thousand knives glazing every inch of my arms. I scream, quick to find that I can't; for all of a sudden, I am gagged.

My eyes are soon forced into darkness by the thickness of a blindfold, yet I remain with my spine pressed against the wall.

An image comes to me then; of John lying dead on the carpet of Nine's living room in Chicago – the same as I've seen in the first nightmare back.

When the image slowly fades, is when I gasp awake.

My heart is pounding and my forehead drips with sweat. I look to the clock on my bedside table; 3:29 am. It doesn't take me long to decide against sleeping any more. I can't. I refuse to let him torture me like this.

I know I said I would never go back, but all I can think about is being the cause of John's death in the next 24 hours, or even the cause of all of their deaths. I can't help but cry in my arms at the thought.

Just as Pixie approaches to lick the back of my hand, do I crawl out from under the covers of the bed and approach the petite desk in the corner of my room, and I begin writing.

J –

There's something I need to tell you. I know it will hurt you, but you deserve to know.

I couldn't stop thinking about that nightmare I told you about. I couldn't bear seeing you die like that in real life. I needed to do something. If Setrákus Ra is threatening to kill you to try to get me, I won't stand for it. I'll keep you guys safe. As scared as I am, I can't see you get hurt. I can't have you die. I can't have any of you die. So, I decided to go back to West Virginia. I decided to go back to him, in order to keep you safe. Yes, I'm aware this may be suicide. I know I might not come back. But that's alright. I'm willing to die if it means you guys can survive and save my planet. Please don't come back for me. I'm only trying to protect you. All of you.

Also, there's something you should know. In Mexico – Calakmul more specifically, there's a Loric Sanctuary, prepared by the Elders. There's a well that contains a Loric Entity. If you empty the Phoenix Stones in your Chests into the well, the Entity can spread throughout the Earth. It can gift humans with legacies and create new Loralite stones around the globe. The bag of soil from Nine's Chest, the leaves wrapped in twine in yours, the liquid Loralite in Marina's Chest, and perhaps even others that I don't know about. Dump them into the well and it should awaken the Entity, allowing Lorien to flow through Earth.

Another thing. Ella. Don't let anything happen to her. She is Setrákus Ra's great-granddaughter. He wants her. If he gets his hands on her, he will cast a charm, similar to the charm on you guys. If he does, you won't be able to kill him because the damage caused to him will be instead done to Ella. So, don't let him touch her. If there's an ambush and the Mogs attack, keep an eye on her. Crayton should know more about Ella's past. I haven't said much about Ella because I wanted to let Crayton tell the group himself, when Ella is ready.

In terms of MogPro, they're a group of people combined of the U.S. government and Mogadorians. Setrákus Ra offered to side with the government so the mogs wouldn't have to worry about blending in; and in exchange, he'd grant them their technology and their 'advanced medical care'. Agent Walker is part of them. She should come back to join the Loric cause eventually and see the mogs for who they really are, but I would still keep an eye on her if I were you. Also, MogPro or not, don't lend any of the Government, FBI, or anything the Chimærae. They'll experiment on them, maybe even kill them.

I'm only doing this because I love you John. I didn't mean to, but I love you. Ever since we first met in Paradise, my feelings for you have grown exponentially. I know you are with Sarah, and it is for that reason that I try to keep my feelings mutual. But every time I am with you, I feel my heart pulsate with unfathomable emotion. You mean the world to me John. You will always be that strong, caring and passionate hero that I love. Whom always fights to protect others no matter the consequences. Now, go and be the best you can be. Do what your heart says is right; it's gotten you this far. Train. Grow strong. Save Earth. Please. Don't let what happened to Lorien happen to Earth. 

Your friend and ally,

E –