Chapter 85: Amped to its Max.

Bonded to the Loric Entity, I understand what I must do.

I look up toward the ceiling of the cavern.

I may be inside and away from all the mogs, but with the Entity inside of me, I am fully aware of what's going on outside. I sense the energy all around; the life the planet gives. Everything within a 15-mile radius.

Just as an explosion rattles the cavern's walls, I jump and blast out. Not just out of the well, but out through the top of the temple's structure as well.

The shock collar around my throat placed by the Mogadorian Leader cracks and snaps, falling to the ground below.

And there I hover, unharmed.

Suspended nearly a hundred feet from the peak of the ancient shrine. By nothing but the power of my legacy amped to its max.

There I hover above all.

Above the puny Mogadorian army. Above Setrákus Ra and his miniscule toys. Above the tall and thick jungle trees. Even the Anubis seems to match my height and endurance.

And through the eyes of Lorien, do I meet his gaze.

There is no doubt he sees the unnatural glow of my tanned human skin; no doubt he sees the disloyalty in my cobalt blue eyes.

Yet, still, I do not see fear.

And so, I think, the range of my telepathy spreading farther than it ever has, "I never joined you, monstrous fiend; and I never will."

My hearing, sight, senses, and strength has improved tenfold. All because of the presence of Lorien coursing through my veins. How it feels much more acceptable than Setrákus Ra's vicious black ooze.

I'm able to hear him speak from such a distance away.

"There. The Entity is within her. Fire!" he commands.

I look to the Anubis, to which the cannon turns to aim directly for me. It glows a bright crimson red, every second enhancing its power.

I ignore it.

For it is nothing compared to what I am capable of; what we are capable of.

Lorien and I.

Feeling incredibly amped, I blast forward, at a speed I cannot comprehend, straight into the massive warship.

I expect to smack right into the thick metal of the Anubis' frame, but instead, I go right through it, as if it is made out of paper. I shoot right through the engine until I come out the other side.

Then I stop.

The Anubis catches fire and begins to descend rapidly.

Below are hundreds of mog soldiers. I'm not at all concerned about them. It is the smaller group of 20 or so people next to a small silver ship that catches my eye in the clearing.

The Garde and Cêpan, plus Sam, Malcolm, and Adam. They finally made it; but now they could be doomed.

I only have a few seconds to react.

Intuitively I think, directing my thoughts to the Entity, "I need to save them."

Seeming to understand, I shoot through the air without a second to spare, until I am directly above them.

I look up to the falling pieces of broken Anubis, the large flaming chunks declining upon me speedily.

Somehow, I know what to do. I know because Lorien knows.

I raise my hands above my head, my left hand grabbing tight onto my right wrist. Until a large blue shield ejects out and spreads at least 200 feet, safely covering the area around the Sanctuary, me, my friends, and unfortunately, Setrákus Ra.

The broken chunks of Anubis fall atop of the force field and fall to the side in heaping piles of flaming rubble.

When there's nothing falling out of the sky, I release my wrists and the force field immediately disappears.

Then float down to the ground in front of the Garde with the temple behind me, unscathed.

I hear the Entity speak from within once more, "We shall speak again soon."

There is a drain; a depleting source of energy.

My bare feet graze the soft grass below, and all at once, everything goes out of me.

I feel Lorien's energy flow decrease. My skin, eyes, palms, feet, stop glowing. Everything returning to normal. The excess ceasing to hold.

I collapse to the hard dirt and ground and everything goes dark.