Chapter 18: A Deep Admiration

We're at the airport.

Sam, John, and I are waiting on the plane for Henri and Six. They thought they'd board last to make sure there aren't any Mogadorians that join us.

Sam's got the window seat, while John gets the aisle. I have the middle. BK, in the form of a small spider, rests on the back of the seat ahead of John. While Pixie is in my shirt pocket as a cricket.

It isn't long before Six and Henri both return, which means we should be safe.

"We good?" I ask just to be sure.

"I think so," Six replies.

"Alright. We should be in Spain in a few hours," John reminds us.

"Let's make the most out of these few hours. Keep your guard up for anything suspicious," Henri says quietly.

We all nod.

When everyone else – including Six and Henri – take their seats, the plane gets ready for takeoff.

Once we're in the air, the next few hours are spent talking to John and Sam. I tell them about my home, where I grew up, where I go to school. I tell them about how I found Pittacus Lore's story.

When I tell them basically everything there is to know about me, John and Sam tell me more about them. Things I already knew and did not.

Sam tells me how he met John and how he found out he was an alien. They talk about the Halloween haunted hayride and the stunt that Mark pulled, the Thanksgiving at Sarah's house and what happened to Henri in Athens. John even tells me what he remembers of Lorien.

It sounds wonderful listening to him talk. Not only what John says, but the way he says it. The way he describes Lorien from his visions; it's like I'm there with him. He holds such a caring and gentle tone as he talks about his home planet. I admire it.

When we touch down in Spain, Henri drives us down to Santa Teresa, to the orphanage.

After explaining the stakes that we are likely walking into, everyone has been much more cautious about the actions that they take. I've caught Six looking around us nervously more than a few times already.

Though so far, none of us have noticed any mog activity. Hopefully, we can be in and out of here rather soon.