Chapter 63: Turning Point

It starts in a major city; New York if I had to guess.

There are buildings destroyed, consisting of rapidly growing fires, and smoke rising into the sky, turning it gray. Broken glass spread all throughout the streets. Police cruisers overturned into bombarded roads. Countless dead bodies along the walkways.

I'm in a crowd of people who are all trembling in fear. At some kind of national park.

There are children crying. Mothers with their arms around their kids in a means to protect them from danger. Fathers doing the same with both their wives and children. Even dogs barking at surrounding Mogadorians at their owners' feet.

All of them. They all stare in one direction.

I turn and follow their gaze.

A stage. With several flags of multiple nations on its back.

United States. Canada. Great Britain. Australia. Italy. Japan. India. And others that I don't know.

On its wooden frame stands Setrákus Ra. The monster that hurt me so.

Though that is not all.

Perhaps most frightening, is the one standing at his side.

Dressed in a formal black gown. Dark circles under her eyes. A fresh scar on her left ankle.

Ella.

I can't believe it.

What is this?

"Today marks a glorious day! The day that the Loric resistance has been defeated!" the Mogadorian dictator says diplomatically.

That's when I notice it.

The amulets.

Nine of them.

For all of the Garde.

Lying around his neck like trophies earned from the Olympics.

Prizes to be won for killing children.

My heart breaks at the sight.

John. Five. Six. Marina. Eight. Nine.

All of them.

Dead.

The anger is real.

The urge to run up on stage and attack him grows strong. But I fight stronger.

I know I wouldn't stand a chance. There are mogs everywhere, with blasters ready.

This is nothing but a game for him. Setrákus Ra thinks he can just play with me. That by showing horrid elements of what will never come, I will be much easier to break.